Cao Cao vs. Liu Bei

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Unread postby PrimeMinister Bu Zhi » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:22 pm

But Guan Yu was not his oath brother. Family is very important. Don't you see how everyone except Liu Bei respects their family.
Lu Xun- "After much observation of how Liu Bei had been leading troops in his career, I see that he had more failures than success; hence, he is not much of a threat."
PrimeMinister Bu Zhi
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Master Fu Xi » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:25 pm

SGYY Bu Zhi... but anyways... um... No one really cared about family really. Like that one farmer that slaughtered his wife so Liu Bei could eat something. And Cao Cao had like 13 wives or whatever...what a pimp :wink:
Master Fu Xi
Initiate

Unread postby _Zhuge_Jin_ » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:25 pm

My opinion is that Cao did better in his time alive, but Bei was the better leader. Imagine Liu Bei with Wei's generals and wei's land. It would have changed everything. Liu Bei was charismatic and politically he was great, he also weilded good intelligence and could fight if needed. Cao had those as well, but until I see Liu Bei in Cao's position (which i never will), I can't concretely say Liu or Cao. I can however say that both were better than Sun Quan.
_Zhuge_Jin_
Assistant

Unread postby Rommel » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:29 pm

Yeah Liu Bei said something about brothers not unknown people. Btw family was important in ancient China. The Confucism made Emperior the highest and the parents next. The Chinese phrase: "There are three kinds of disrespect. The worst is that you don't have a son (to carry the family traits)." illustrates best the importance of family in China.
Rommel
Sage

Unread postby PrimeMinister Bu Zhi » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:29 pm

How was Liu Bei great politicly?
I don't get it. Everyone always says he loves the people and that he does everything for them and that he is great politicly. How?

He did nothing at all.
Sun Quan and Cao Cao at least did something. If Liu Bei was in Cao Cao's position, he would get destroyed for 2 reasons:

1) He sucked politicly and would be unable to maintain that much land.

2) His son would be even a bigger failure thus he would get destroyed once Liu Bei dies.

No one in TK can run Cao land better then Caos. Yet many can run Liu land better then Liu.
Lu Xun- "After much observation of how Liu Bei had been leading troops in his career, I see that he had more failures than success; hence, he is not much of a threat."
PrimeMinister Bu Zhi
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Master Fu Xi » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:31 pm

But Liu Bei with all that land could be like Sun Quan then. He could focus more on politics. And then have stupid attacks from the south come. And he would crush them everytime :wink:
Master Fu Xi
Initiate

Unread postby Rommel » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:32 pm

Zhuge Jin what made Cao Cao to have what he had. Did Cao Cao inherit what he had? Why did Wei officers serve him not Liu Bei? What did Liu Bei do to make him a better leader than Cao Cao?
Rommel
Sage

Unread postby PrimeMinister Bu Zhi » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:34 pm

Rommel wrote:Zhuge Jin what made Cao Cao to have what he had. Did Cao Cao inherit what he had? Why did Wei officers serve him not Liu Bei? What did Liu Bei do to make him a better leader than Cao Cao?

Cao Cao started from sratch just like Liu Bei, except he succeeded in much more because he's better then Liu Bei in every way possible by me.

Liu Bei was in no way a better leader then Cao Cao. The fact that both started nearly equal and looking at the end results, Cao Cao is much better.
PrimeMinister Bu Zhi
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Master Fu Xi » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:36 pm

What? Cao had more officers and were also more talented. At the beginning he only had Guan, Zhang, and Jian Yong. That's it. He didn't get more officers till he inherited Tao Qian's land. When then he only got 3 more officer (Mi Zhu and Fang and Sun Qian). And by then Cao Cao had a lot more officers. So you can't call Cao Cao better cause he had better generals.
Master Fu Xi
Initiate

Unread postby Master Fu Xi » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:37 pm

Oh by the way I looked through Liu Bei's bio on here and found no domestic acievements... I wish there was a SGZ though :(
Master Fu Xi
Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium