People's Champ

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Unread postby king Cao zhang » Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:13 am

Zhang liao!!!!
Hail King Cao Zhang!!!
king Cao zhang
Tyro

ehh...

Unread postby Waking Dragon » Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:49 pm

Lady Wu wrote:Ling Tong couldn't stop crying when his 300 personal troops all died in action saving Sun Quan at Hefei. He was also said to have such a reputation for respecting and caring for his men, that over 10,000 elite Shanyue troops went over to his side when he went to recruit them.

Wow. That is very interesting. It just goes to show us how much Ling Tong really cared for his men. 10,000 men joined Ling Tong? Wow, that was truly impressive. Thank you Lady Wu...PeAcE
"Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water." r.i.p legend...

Bruce Lee
Waking Dragon
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mengde88 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:52 pm

Ma Zhi Xuan, that reminds me; if you put it that way, at ChangBan, Zhao Yun/Zilong did a good job, and in fact, as far as I can remember, he holds the record of most officers defeated in one battle, at 50 defeated. So, he is a big candidate.

Another candidate would be Ma Chao, although his actions could either make hime look like (for the lack of a better term), a jack*** or just a very brave general; At Tong Gate and HanZhong, for example, he was fighting at the front lines of the battles.

Yet another candidate is Lu Bu, just because he viewed himself as invincible, and therefore, always led his troops into battle.

And last, but not least, Zhang Liao and Gan Ning are the reigning kings of raiding.
"If Wei has Zhang Liao, then I have my friend, Gan Ning" - Sun Quan, after Gan Ning raids He Fei with 100 troops, and comes back with 100 troops, as he said he would.
Charlie Murphy: "Prince, you got any towels; It's hot out here!"
Dave Chappelle (as Prince): "Well, why don't you purify yourself in the waters..of Lake Minitanka?"
Xiahou Mengde88
Master

Unread postby Ts'ao Jian » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:34 am

It might be Lu Meng. I remember reading somewhere (maybe his bio on Kongming.net) that he made sure his troops got the best equipment and training, and that is what brought him to Lu Su's attention.
Now heroes are men who cherish lofty designs in their bosoms and have plans to achieve them; they have all-embracing schemes, and the whole world is at their mercy. -Ts'ao Ts'ao

Hell is other people. -Tagline of No Exit
Ts'ao Jian
Langzhong

Unread postby Mighty Lu Bu » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:36 am

Zhang Liao !!
Can anybody provides me with a decent challenge ?!
Mighty Lu Bu
Initiate

Unread postby Sam » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:48 pm

Lu Meng was certainly one of the kinder officers of the era, and most definitely would be a People's Champion in my book. His troops were well cared for, and his willingness to protect and even fight for one so low as a serving boy is clear example to that, and shows he regarded those of lower station as equal to those of higher.
Otherwise known as Wang Ping (Zijun)
Sam
Sweeper of Invaders

Unread postby PrimeMinister Bu Zhi » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:18 pm

Zhou Yu.
I just read some new info on him and I was astonished at how nice he was. When he was 14 he went to a very good boarding school and studied a lot. Then, he and Lu Su went around all of China sort of to see the real world. Zhou Yu was from a good clan and he used his influence to help average peasents. Zhou Yu was very influenced by this and soon he began to think that confusianism is not going to work in a world of chaos and took Cao Cao as an example. Zhou Yu tried to visit Cao Cao but was rejected twice. Yu decided that the Art of War was the answer during a time of chaos and so he left his school and such and began to study the Art of War in order to try and restore peace.
Lu Xun- "After much observation of how Liu Bei had been leading troops in his career, I see that he had more failures than success; hence, he is not much of a threat."
PrimeMinister Bu Zhi
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:26 pm

PrimeMinister Bu Zhi wrote:Zhou Yu.
I just read some new info on him and I was astonished at how nice he was. When he was 14 he went to a very good boarding school and studied a lot. Then, he and Lu Su went around all of China sort of to see the real world. Zhou Yu was from a good clan and he used his influence to help average peasents. Zhou Yu was very influenced by this and soon he began to think that confusianism is not going to work in a world of chaos and took Cao Cao as an example. Zhou Yu tried to visit Cao Cao but was rejected twice. Yu decided that the Art of War was the answer during a time of chaos and so he left his school and such and began to study the Art of War in order to try and restore peace.

May I know where you read this from? I've been unaware of this information.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby PrimeMinister Bu Zhi » Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:34 pm

http://www.romancingcathay.com/pdfs/RTKQ08.pdf

I found the link on Kongming's archives. It has a lot of good info. Scroll down and you will see the stuff on Zhou Yu. I wonder where they got all the info though.
Lu Xun- "After much observation of how Liu Bei had been leading troops in his career, I see that he had more failures than success; hence, he is not much of a threat."
PrimeMinister Bu Zhi
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:50 pm

PrimeMinister Bu Zhi wrote:http://www.romancingcathay.com/pdfs/RTKQ08.pdf

I found the link on Kongming's archives. It has a lot of good info. Scroll down and you will see the stuff on Zhou Yu. I wonder where they got all the info though.

Nice story. Though I think most of that is fiction, since I've never heard of most of that, let alone finding it in SGZ or other historical works.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium