Kongming's Archives Development/Encyclopedia Project

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Re: Kongming's Archives Development/Encyclopedia Project

Unread postby James » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:07 am

Dong Zhou wrote:I have put the date debate in a link but if you have a better place to put the note, let me know

Yeah. I can't think quite where to put that other than in the biography.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby imonfirehelpmeaaaaah » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:10 am

I have noted the following errors while web-scraping the encyclopedia for offline use.

1. -
  2. Bing-Zhi: Family and Relationships Bing Liang (Sons); Bing Xuan (Bing Xuan);, should be: Bing Liang, Bing Xuan (Sons)
  3. -
  4. -
  5. Ding-Chong: Family and Relationships has duplicate link; second Ding Yi should link to Ding-Yi-2
  6. Dong-Hui: Birthplace typo, should be Xiangyang
  7. Duan-Gui: Ranks and Titles plural, Marquises
  8. Emperor-Ling: Emperor Xian [Liu Xie] (Emperor Xian), should be: Emperor Xian [Liu Xie] (Son)
  9. Emperor-Shun: Wudeng (握登) 握登 (Mother), should be: Wudeng (握登) (Mother)
  10. Empress-Guo-2: Family and Relationships has possible duplicate (Guo Li)
  11. Empress-Zhen: Other Names has duplicates
  12. Fan-Chou: Birthplace typo, should be Jincheng
  13. Fan-Chou: Ranks and Titles plural, Generals of the Gentleman of the Household
  14. Fei-Yi: Ranks and Titles plural, Attendants in the Prince’s Office
  15. Fei-Yi: Ranks and Titles plural, Guards of the Crown Prince
  16. Gongsun-Yuan: Grandson Gongsun Kang (Grandson Gongsun Kang), should be: Gongsun Kang (Grandson)
  17. -
  18. Han-Jiang: Yin (Zhongrang) Zhongrang (Husband), should be: Yin Zhongrang (Husband)
  19. -
  20. Hui-Yan: Birthplace typo, should be Langye
  21. Hu-Zhao: Birthplace typo, should be Yingchuan
  22. -
  23. -
  24. Kuai-Yue: Ranks and Titles plural, Marquises
  25. Lady-Liu-4: Gender should be F
  26. Lady-Zhang: Father-in-law Zhang Rang (Father-in-law Zhang Rang), should be: Zhang Rang (Father-in-law)
  27. Liang-Qi: Ranks and Titles plural, Marquises Within the Imperial Domain
  28. Li-Ren: Family and Relationships typo, Li Zhuan (Soon) should be Li Zhuan (Son)
  29. -
  30. Liu-Yi-4: same person as Liu-Yi
  31. Liu-Yi: same person as Liu-Yi-4
  32. Liu-Yi: Collaborator on Xingli Lun (Collaborator on Xingli Lun); Ding Yi (Ding Yi), should be: Ding Yi (Collaborator on Xingli Lun)
  33. Li-Xu: Ranks and Titles "Unknown"
  34. Man-Chong: Birthplace typo, should be Shanyang
  35. Mencius: Zhang (仉) 仉 (Mother), should be: Zhang (仉) (Mother)
  36. Pang-Degong: Family and Relationships has duplicate; second Pang Tong should be Pang-Lin
  37. Pei-Songzhi: Ranks and Titles typo, Administrato of Lingling
  38. Qin-Lang: Family and Relationships

• Cao Gu (Half-brother) Half-brother, should be: Cao Gu (Half-brother)
    • Cao Lin (half-brother) half-brother, should be: Cao Lin (Half-brother)
    • Qin Ming (fictional) fictional (Brother), should be: Qin Ming (Brother ƒ)
  39. Quan-Duan: Brother Quan Yi (Brother Quan Yi), should be: Quan Yi (Brother); more info posted by Gongsun Z. below
  40. -
  41. Shu-Shou: Shu (Boying) Boying (Older Brother), should be: Shu Boying (Older Brother)
  42. Sima-Ti: Sima Jin (Sima Jin $2108), should be: Sima Jin (Father)
  43. -
  44. Sun-Shao-2: Family and Relationships typo, Sun Feng (Sun) should be Sun Feng (Son)
  45. Su-Yu: description begins with lowercase letter
  46. Tufa-Shujineng: Tufa Wugu (Tufa Wugu), Great-great-grandson (Great-great-grandson), should be: Tufa Wugu (Great Great Grandson)
  47. Wang-Can: Ranks and Titles plural, Marquises Within the Imperial Domain
  48. Wang-Xiang: Ranks and Titles typo, Marqis of Wangsu
  49. Wang-Xuan: Ranks and Titles plural, Assistants of Sacrifices
  50. Wu-Zi: Administrator of Jiyin (Administrator of Jiyin) should be in Ranks and Titles, not Family and Relationships
  51. Xiang-Tao:

• Family and Relationships has duplicates
    • Same person as Xiang-Tiao; pages should be merged (more info in Gongsun Z.'s post below)
  52. Xue-Lan: Family and Relationships typo, Xue Yan (Farther) should be Xue Yan (Father)
  53. Xu-Xuan: Ranks and Titles plural, Officers of the Secretariat, and would benefit from different terminology
  54. Yan-Xing: Birthplace typo, should be Jincheng
  55. Yue-Chen: Ranks and Titles typo, Wei Wei (?) Not an error, but would benefit from English annotation: "Minister of the Guards (Posthumous)"
  56. Yue-Song: Ranks and Titles plural, Libationers of the Palace Attendants
  57. -
  58. Zheng-Du: Birthplace typo, should be Guanghan
  59. -
  60. -
Last edited by imonfirehelpmeaaaaah on Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
imonfirehelpmeaaaaah
Tyro

Unread postby Jordan » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:31 pm

Many good points, but just for the record, I think there is a eunuch tag for gender. Many of the people you mentioned like Bi Lan and Huang Hao were eunuchs.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby imonfirehelpmeaaaaah » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:01 am

I stand corrected. I labeled anyone without a male icon as female, and even when checking the pages to verify, the pink icons fooled me.
imonfirehelpmeaaaaah
Tyro

Unread postby Gongsun Z. » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:38 pm

Hello Imonfire, :)

I have checked out all your links.
It's a nice work you have done. 8-)

After double-checking yourself, you can suppress:

- Numbers related to false gender, so 1, 3, 4, 17, 19, 23, 29, 40, 43, 57, 59 and 60.
- Number 22. Hui Yan should be male. But he is ! Maybe the color of the faction deceived you or maybe someone had already correct this thorny matter of his masculinization. Nothing have to be change here, so you can supress this line as well.

EDIT: DONE !

I didn't found a clue about (another one can took his chance):

- Number 10. For Empress Guo2 (the wife of Cao Rui), I find Guo Li (立) as her uncle (SGZ Wei 5). Maybe she got another uncle named Guo Li as well, but I didn't find the information in SGZ nor in ZZTJ.
- Number 52. Xue Lan; Xue Yan (Farther)=(Father ?) Xue Yan is not on the Kongming's database of officers. I didn't find any information about a filiation in SGZ (Wei 1, Wei 10 and Wei 18) nor in ZZTJ (61). This information must come from another source I didn't access.

More examinations needed for the:

- Number 39. Ouch ! Quan Cong's family is a mess. Quan Duan is just a collateral victim of the iceberg. The Kongming site says: Quan Yi (全儀) (son/or maybe nephew) and Quan Yi (全懌) (brother). They are not the same, not the same signs in Chinese and a lot of confusion is made of this.
In the ZZTJ, the only source I found, Quan Yi (全儀) is said to be the son of Quan Yi's (全懌) younger brother (either Quan Duan or Quan Xi in the site).
I believe Quan Duan is a relative and Quan Xi is the one causing us big troubles. He has named is sons Quan Yi (全儀) and Quan Yī (全禕) to get the things more complicated for us, so there are not two but three 'Quan Yi' in the Clan (or with bad chance, maybe more).
This need further verifications or even a family tree for not being fooled by this. You now understand that there are a lot to go to restore the Quan's family honor.

EDIT: CURRENTLY WORKING WITH HARDSHIP TO RESTORE THE HONOR ON THE QUAN FAMILY. :D

:idea: If a moderator or someone who can change the sheets is here, these modifications are all checked and can be clearly modified ! :

- Number 25. Lady Liu4 who is noted as male.
http://kongming.net/encyclopedia/Lady-Liu-4

IN THE SHEET OF LADY LIU4, EXCHANGE THE GENDER OF THE SHEET FROM MALE TO FEMALE

- Number 28. Li Zhuan (李譔) is the son (not the soon) of Li Ren (李仁). (Found in SGZ Shu 12: Li Zhuan).
http://kongming.net/encyclopedia/Li-Ren

IN THE SHEET OF LI REN, CORRECT THE 'SOON' WORD INTO 'SON'

- Number 36. The nephews of Pang Degong are Pang Tong and his brother Pang Lin.
http://kongming.net/encyclopedia/Pang-Degong

He is here: http://kongming.net/encyclopedia/Pang-Lin

IN THE SHEET OF PANG DEGONG, MODIFY THE LINK OF THE SECOND PANG TONG (THE ONE ON THE RIGHT) WITH THE LINK OF HIS YOUNGER BROTHER PANG LIN (龐林).

- Number 44. Sun Feng (孫奉) is the son of Sun Shao2 (孫紹). (Found in SGZ Wu 2: Sun Ce, which says: 'Sun Shao dies and his son Feng took succession'.)
http://kongming.net/encyclopedia/Sun-Shao-2

IN THE SHEET OF SUN SHAO2, CORRECT THE 'SUN' WORD INTO 'SON'.

- Number 50. This character's sheet is absolutely false ! The correct spelling of '向條 (文豹)' is 'Xiang Tiao', not 'Tao' !

'Xiang Tao' is a false duplicate of the real one, 'Xiang Tiao', here: http://kongming.net/encyclopedia/Xiang-Tiao

The informations on his subject must be fused with Xiang Tiao's one, once and for all, with the two following informations. His birthplace: Nan, and the add of the two differents Xiang Chong as his nephews: Xiang Chong (向寵), the big brother (in clear green). And Xiang Chong (向充) the younger one (in dark green).

http://kongming.net/encyclopedia/Xiang-Tao

ADD THE NON-REDUNDANT INFORMATIONS TO THE SHEET OF XIANG TIAO AND SUPPRESS THE DUPLICATE XIANG TAO

- Number 53. Xu Xuan. Outside the plural matter, 'Officer(s) of the Secretariat' is not a correct denomination for an official post in the Secretariat. EDIT: In the Secretariat, Xu Xuan was 'Master of Writing' (shangshu 尚書) (Found in SGZ Wei 22).
http://kongming.net/encyclopedia/Xu-Xuan

EXCHANGE THE INCORRECT 'OFFICERS OF THE SECRETARIAT' BY THE GOOD RELATED POST 'MASTER OF WRITING'

- Number 55. Yue Chen. 'Weiwei' is the pinyin for Minister of the Guards, one of the Nine Ministers. After checking, it's correct. He got this position posthumously.
http://kongming.net/encyclopedia/Yue-Chen

IN THE SHEET OF YUE CHEN, EXCHANGE THE POST 'WEIWEI' WITH HIS ENGLISH MEANING: 'MINISTER OF THE GUARDS (POSTHUMOUS)'

- Most of the others numbers noted by Imonfire are just grammatical issues and can be corrected.

For my part, I will be glad to put more than just a bowl water on your huge fire(works) and modify myself the errors directly on the site, but unfortunately, I don't have the rights to do so, no sheriff star for me I guess... :roll: so I can see nothing else but two solutions for that matter.

Let it burn babay, let it burnnnnnnn ! ><>
Or wait for the firefighters to arrive. :D

EDIT: If further verification is needed for changing the sheets or if you have any question, you can ask me without matter. It's a good time for teamwork ! 8-)
Last edited by Gongsun Z. on Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:11 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Gongsun Z.
Tyro

Unread postby imonfirehelpmeaaaaah » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:03 am

I've edited my post, with your additions in boldface. Please forgive me for any other mistakes.
imonfirehelpmeaaaaah
Tyro

Unread postby James » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:23 pm

Jordan wrote:Many good points, but just for the record, I think there is a eunuch tag for gender. Many of the people you mentioned like Bi Lan and Huang Hao were eunuchs.

Although, years in retrospect, I might have chosen a different symbol. :huohu:
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Gongsun Z. » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:09 pm

James wrote:
Jordan wrote:Many good points, but just for the record, I think there is a eunuch tag for gender. Many of the people you mentioned like Bi Lan and Huang Hao were eunuchs.

Although, years in retrospect, I might have chosen a different symbol. :huohu:

To me it's all good. The color and design are very imaginative.
At first and before your post, I thought it was some official tag for eunuchs.

By the way, like the other scholars, I'm glad we're back. 8-)
I can now continue to refine my former post. :lol:
Gongsun Z.
Tyro

Previous

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium