What game(s) made the greatest impacts on your life?

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: What game(s) made the greatest impacts on your life?

Unread postby monster-of-He-Fei » Thu May 17, 2012 11:19 am

Skies of Arcadia- my first RPG I completed 100% (found/unlocked EVERYTHING) without any help from walkthroughs or guides. I absolutly LOVED the plot and the characters are so memorable.

Final Fantasy 7- got me into bartending >_<

Uniracers- reminds me alot of my freinds back in grade school and how we use to play this and have competitions when we have sleep overs.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers ( the sega genesis fighting one)- my first taste of the fighting genre

Sonic 2- The game that came with my first console ever , the sega genesis

Streetfighter EX plus 2-First playstation game

Bomberman 64- First group session, EPIC memories ^_^
I make little "Wu" kids cry.
monster-of-He-Fei
Tyro

Unread postby Ma Cheng » Mon May 21, 2012 9:02 am

Hmm where to start?

Small Soldiers- First ps1 game, I played it for worrying amounts of time.

Digimon World- I put so much f*cking effort into raising those little b*stards, only for them to die cos you didnt have any food with you half way up Mt Infinity.

Kessen- I was interested in the samurai for ages, but this game and its Bio section really got me into my biggest interest, the Sengoku Jidai.

Dynasty Warriors 4- First ROTK inspired game, loved it. Read through the encyclopedia mode and the rest is history(lolpun)

Breath of Fire 4- Utterly amazing game. My first RPG love, got so involved in that game.

ff7- I put it off for ages cos of the hype, but once I played it it was hard not to love it.
Ma Cheng
Apprentice

Unread postby AsianReign » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:21 am

Legends of Three Kingdoms 2
三国群英传II

I used to play this game I was 6...my dad bought it for me
Since then I got into the history of Three Kingdoms, GOD IT'S SO AWESOME

Then it was Romance of the Three Kingdoms 11
Another game that got me even more into Three Kingdoms ;D
AsianReign
Apprentice

Unread postby Jordan » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:04 am

The first Digimon World was one of my favorite games as well, Ma Cheng. Ditto with Kessen.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Aygor » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:05 pm

Definitely Dynasty Warriors 2, for the sole reason that it introduced me to the three kingdoms igniting my passion not only for that splendid era but for Chinese culture as a whole.
I didn't even want to buy that game that day :roll:
分久必合,合久必分
Ἀτύφως μὲν λαβεῖν, εὐλύτως δὲ ἀφεῖναι
Aygor
Langzhong

Unread postby Gurochu » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:47 pm

The Dynasty Warriors franchise, in my opinion it has the most interesting history of any game, It introduced me into hack n slash games. I think it's a big reason I'm huge into gaming and gaming history nowadays.
The Final fantasy franchise, some of the greatest tbrpgs ever made, lovely music, some great characters. So much nostalgia for me.
Super Smash Bros, so many memories of staying up late and going through single player with every character or having a countless number of matches with my brother and a couple friends. Trophies appealed to me so much and now I'm obsessed with anything like trophies or achievements.
Super Mario Sunshine, my favorite game of all time. I play games to escape from the real world, and I've never longed to be in a place more than I have for Delfino Island. The gameplay is so nice and fludd is a great mechanic.
There are tons of others but I don't want to write too much.
wow
Gurochu
Tyro

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:09 am

monster-of-He-Fei wrote:Final Fantasy 7- got me into bartending >_<

That first bar scene when Cloud gives the flower to either Tifa or Marlene was one of my favorite scenes in the game.

Streetfighter EX plus 2-First playstation game

I played that game way too much back when I borrowed it from a friend in H.S.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:17 pm

Wow, in 'high' school (we call it secondary school in the UK, usually) I was busy bashing my SNES controller to smithereens on Streetfighter 2 Turbo... :shock:...nyeeeees, I do feel ancient, thanks a bunch Zhuanyong. :wink:

I can't recall if I ever posted in this thread about how much of a profound impact Fahrenhuit for the PS2 had on me (State-side, it was titled 'The Indigo Prophecy')...ok, it descended into a surrealistic mire towards the end of the game, but the concept and execution blew me away initially. Shenmue is probably the only other game to affect me in that fashion, even to this day. 8-)
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:23 am

Mitsunari wrote:Wow, in 'high' school (we call it secondary school in the UK, usually) I was busy bashing my SNES controller to smithereens on Streetfighter 2 Turbo... :shock:...nyeeeees, I do feel ancient, thanks a bunch Zhuanyong. :wink:

Don't feel bad. PS One was released around my freshman or sophomore year so I was button mashing the SNES and Sega Genesis for at least one of those years. :D

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:49 pm

Zhuanyong wrote:
Mitsunari wrote:Wow, in 'high' school (we call it secondary school in the UK, usually) I was busy bashing my SNES controller to smithereens on Streetfighter 2 Turbo... :shock:...nyeeeees, I do feel ancient, thanks a bunch Zhuanyong. :wink:

Don't feel bad. PS One was released around my freshman or sophomore year so I was button mashing the SNES and Sega Genesis for at least one of those years. :D

*Retro high five* :lol:

Hmm, strange how I failed to mention the entire Metal Gear Solid saga, from inception to current day...Kojima-sama, I salute thee. 8-)
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven