What game(s) made the greatest impacts on your life?

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Unread postby Kenshin_Himura787 » Thu Sep 26, 2002 11:05 am

dude didnt you post that same post in the other thread, i'm serious you said the exact same thing to the T lol. you know it would be kind of help ful to give a reason WHY you like the game it would kind of help things for the others acually talking about the topic. but back to the topic at hand another game that had a great impact onme was, bushido blade, I had hours of fun playing that game. I thought the fact that with one swipe it would kill the guys insted of hitting them hundreds of times and they are still standing.
Kenshin_Himura787
Tyro

Unread postby Jiang Hsuan » Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:03 am

FF6- It introduced me to the world of RPG's with their awesome story lines, details, and characters. Basically like reading an interactive book.

Street Fighter Turbo 2 (i think)- Introduced me to fighter games, it was basically my favorite game for the time being. Even though I played it quite a bit, but brother still beats me at ALL the fighter games we have. :?

FFT- Got me into tactics games. FFT was probably my favorite tactics game ever, closely followed by Dynasty Tactics, and then Front Mission.

???- I dunno what it was called, it was a beat em up for PS1 that was made by Capcom (got it in Taiwan). It was based on RotK and you could choose from Zhao Yun, Zhang Fei, Guan Yu, Huang Zhong, and Wei Yan (No Ma Chao? I personally thought that was kinda weird). You just go through the stages and well, kill stuff. :)
This eventually led to RotK games (which in turn, got me interested in strategy games), then Dynasty Warriors, then Dynasty Tactics.
Jiang Hsuan
Sage

Unread postby Maria » Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:47 am

Capcom never made any RoTK games, Maybe you're talking about Dynasty Warriors 1?
Maria
Iron Duchess

Unread postby Iznoach, Legendary Dragon » Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:55 am

I think he's talking about the original Dynasty Warriors, yes, cause a friend of mine used to have it a looooong time ago. However, it was made by Koei, not Capcom. However, didn't Capcom make the Destiny of an Emperor series?
"Armed and dangerous, ain't too many can hang wit us
straight up weed no angel dust, label us Notorious..."--Biggie
Iznoach, Legendary Dragon
Gunslinger

Unread postby Hotsuma Moritsune » Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:20 pm

Sword Of Vermillion- I was like :eek2: wow what an awesome game.
Golden Axe- Thanks Kuya for introducing me to this great series
Streets Of Rage- My bro got me into beat em ups
BOF1- I died in the beginning every single time but it was my first rpg.
BOF2- I love this game and actually beat it I never really was good at rpgs.
FFVII- Wow o.o
FFX- Oooo
Onimusha 2- Boom!
Dynasty Warriors 3- I Kotaro Asai will defeat you!
Hotsuma Moritsune
Changshi

Unread postby Jiang Hsuan » Sat Oct 05, 2002 9:09 pm

Dragon_Girl wrote:Capcom never made any RoTK games, Maybe you're talking about Dynasty Warriors 1?

No, I'm 100% positive on this one... I got this game in Taiwan, and it's all in japanese. I'm thinking they never released this game elsewhere. I would scan a picture of it, but I don't have a scanner. :? It even says Capcom when I load it up...
Jiang Hsuan
Sage

Unread postby Tianshan Zi » Sat Oct 05, 2002 10:04 pm

The Legend of Zelda for 8-bit NES: This was the whole reason I wanted to play video games!

Nobunaga's Ambition for 8-bit NES: This one was my introduction to Koei games back in the late 80s. It was also responsible for my interest in samurai history.

Centurion: Defender of Rome for 16-bit Sega Genesis: This one made me expect more out of large scale battles.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms VI for PS1: This one was responsible for my re-introduciton to Koei games. It also allowed me to introduce my wife to RTK and why I am so fascinated with the milieu. It has also spawned my pursuit of miniature wargaming in Ancient China.

That's the short list!
Tianshan Zi
Headless Thompson Gunner

Unread postby DianWei » Sun Oct 06, 2002 3:17 am

Dragon_Girl wrote:Capcom never made any RoTK games, Maybe you're talking about Dynasty Warriors 1?

that is terribly wrong dragon girl, they made two titles i can recall right now:
Dynasty Wars (1989) (sounds kinda like dynasty warriors eh? :roll: )
Warriors of Fate (1992)
Im in ur vanguard, vanquishin ur d00ds.
DianWei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Maria » Sun Oct 06, 2002 3:56 am

Well, I'm not an old-school gamer, so sue me :p

Can anyone give anymore info on those 2 games? Do they look like DW?
Maria
Iron Duchess

Unread postby Sam » Sun Oct 06, 2002 9:37 pm

The Final Fantasy Series: I have never played on a game as much as I have played on the Final Fantasy series, the story lines are amazing, the characters are very original, the sound tracks are great, the graphics are great and so much more. I didn't stop until I got everything in each one.

Dynasty warriors 2 and 3: Dynasty warriors 2 is the game that got me into the three kingdoms era. Since then I have read several books about the three kingdoms era and know a lot about the era. Dynasty warriors 3 is just am amazing game that I got due to my great interest in the three kigndoms era and Dynasty warriors 2.
Sam
Sweeper of Invaders

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven