Final Fantasy Discussion Thread

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Final Fantasy Discussion Thread

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:47 pm

Embrace Your Demise wrote:...and the weapon monster that's underwater in FF VII come to mind for FF games, but there's a couple more for other games too. Maybe that's why I go through a lot of controllers :P

:lol: I never had that problem with Emerald Weapon on FFVII. As long as I had KoR and the underwater materia, which were easy enough to acquire (I liked the chocobo races), I was able to beat that weapon. I actually was able to beat it before what was considered the suggested levels. On the other hand, I hated fighting Ruby Weapon (in the desert) and never beat it. Never even came close.

I don't think there were any fights on FFVIII or FFIX that were bad enough for me to fight them numerous times. Then again, it took me awhile to figure out a fighting config to beat the final fights in VIII. That was only because I had to let Rinoa, Selphie, & Quistis die so I could spam Squall, Zell, & Irvine.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Embrace Your Demise » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:32 pm

Zhuanyong wrote: :lol: I never had that problem with Emerald Weapon on FFVII. As long as I had KoR and the underwater materia, which were easy enough to acquire (I liked the chocobo races), I was able to beat that weapon. I actually was able to beat it before what was considered the suggested levels. On the other hand, I hated fighting Ruby Weapon (in the desert) and never beat it. Never even came close.

I don't think there were any fights on FFVIII or FFIX that were bad enough for me to fight them numerous times. Then again, it took me awhile to figure out a fighting config to beat the final fights in VIII. That was only because I had to let Rinoa, Selphie, & Quistis die so I could spam Squall, Zell, & Irvine.

:lol: Ugh that Emerald weapon still gets on my nerves. I had KoR too, and the summon takes so long, and I'd always end up running out of time since there was a time limit on that fight, and it was either he would do some huge attack and wipe everyone out or I'd think I was doing really good, and then look up in the corner and theres like 20 seconds left :rangry:

And the only fights I remember losing on IX were the ones against Beatrix, but those weren't that bad.
FF VIII is still my favorite :)
Embrace Your Demise
Initiate

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:46 pm

Embrace Your Demise wrote::lol: Ugh that Emerald weapon still gets on my nerves. I had KoR too, and the summon takes so long, and I'd always end up running out of time since there was a time limit on that fight, and it was either he would do some huge attack and wipe everyone out or I'd think I was doing really good, and then look up in the corner and theres like 20 seconds left :rangry:

And the only fights I remember losing on IX were the ones against Beatrix, but those weren't that bad.
FF VIII is still my favorite :)

That sounds like you needed to morph that ghost ship into a holy book (or something along the lines of that) and take it to the guy in Kalm. I believe from there he gives you Underwater materia. That eliminates the time limit and basically gives you free range to destroy the weapon.

I remember losing to Beatrix now. I forgot about that annoying fight that leaves you mocked by Kuja as he mounts his silver dragon. I lost quite a bit to Necron too. I hate mustard!

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Embrace Your Demise » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:51 pm

Zhuanyong wrote:
That sounds like you needed to morph that ghost ship into a holy book (or something along the lines of that) and take it to the guy in Kalm. I believe from there he gives you Underwater materia. That eliminates the time limit and basically gives you free range to destroy the weapon.

I remember losing to Beatrix now. I forgot about that annoying fight that leaves you mocked by Kuja as he mounts his silver dragon. I lost quite a bit to Necron too. I hate mustard!

I didn't even know you could do that. Thats probably why I could never beat him :D
I hate mustard too :lol:
Embrace Your Demise
Initiate

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:17 pm

Embrace Your Demise wrote:I didn't even know you could do that. Thats probably why I could never beat him :D
I hate mustard too :lol:

I almost beat him without it once, as I was trying to accomplish some harder tasks in the game. I just ran out of time. I was a few 1,000 HP away too. Maybe one day I may give it a try again. The game itself ranks in my top 10 all-time for replayability.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Embrace Your Demise » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:44 pm

Agreed. I need to play some day again too now that i know how to beat that thing. Been waiting for this for years :D
Embrace Your Demise
Initiate

Unread postby Embrace Your Demise » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:12 pm

I sold almost all my older games to get extra money to buy newer ones, now missing FF VIII especially :(
Embrace Your Demise
Initiate

Unread postby Admiral_Barton » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:59 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-VII ... 144&sr=8-1

Still able to buy FFVIII new for really cheap.
"History does repeat itself, we just don't care to notice."
"I have a political statement on everything, even cookies."
“To know everything is to have missed the point."
Admiral_Barton
Sage

Location: I'd kill for you, I'd die for you, but most of all I'd live for you

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:41 pm

As long as he is willing to purchase the 'Greatest Hits' version of the game...

As you can see on that page, original versions of that and or games like VII would cost upwards of $229.99 for new copies.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Qu Hui » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:59 am

Embrace Your Demise wrote:I sold almost all my older games to get extra money to buy newer ones, now missing FF VIII especially :(

If you have a PSP it's only $10 on the PSN store.
My avatar is Roy from Fire Emblem: Binding Blade, as he appears in Fire Emblem: Awakening
Quote of the "Day": "The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." -Neil Gaiman
Qu Hui
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven