Please Read Before Posting: Gamer's Haven Rules

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Please Read Before Posting: Gamer's Haven Rules

Unread postby Rowde » Sun Aug 18, 2002 11:17 pm

The Moderators of this forum want to make sure that your time spent here at the Gamer's Haven is as enjoyable as possible. The purpose of this forum is the discussion and distribution of knowledge and tactics concerning videogames. In order to make sure that everyone has a fair chance to voice their opinion there are some rules we require members to follow to post in this forum. Please take the time to read and understand these rules.

First of all, all of the general forum rules apply to this forum as well. These rules can be found in the Imperial Edicts section of the forum, and we suggest that you all become familiar with them. Here is a link to them as well:
Forum Rules (Revised)
So the Gamer's Haven Rules are a reiteration of some of those rules, and some are specific to the Gamer's Haven. Just because we don't have a rule from the general Forum Rules written here does not mean it does not apply in this forum, and you will be expected to follow all the general forum guidelines, as well as the Gamer's Haven Rules when posting here.

The following are grounds for moderation:

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Spamming. Any posts that a Moderator feels is spam will be deleted. "Spam" is when you post just for the sake of posting, contributing very little or absolutely nothing to the conversation. "Spam Topics" will also be deleted. This forum is for discussions, if you post a topic that simply requires a one-word answer from people, it will be deleted. Also, this may seem harsh, but thanking people for their help is not necessary to do in the forum. If you want to express your gratitude to someone, please send them a Private Message.

Examples of spam:
Yes
No
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeerrrrrrreahhhhhggghhhhh
Topic: How many ninja were there?
Topic: Was it raining when Amy left?

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Redundant Questions and Posts. This is technically spam, but it could also be an honest mistake. If it is, no worries, just try not to do it again. What we mean by this is simply do not ask unnecessary questions or post information twice. Any posts in response to a redundant question or post will be deleted as well. If you feel that the person posting the redundancy is honestly confused, then you can PM them the answer to their question, but don't actually post a reply. Redundant Topics will also be deleted. This forum covers a very broad range of topics, but please try to make sure that a topic you want to discuss is not already in motion before you post it.

Example:
Topic: Mythical Game
Post: I really enjoyed this game. The in game world had a rich history, with many stories and books to read. The neat part was that most of this information was completely unnecessary to actually beat the game, it just gave you a better understanding of the world.
The coolest story was about a mythical hero named Hirotazawa, he was a red-haired halfling, half-demon half-man, who carried two swords. He helped liberate the kingdom from the clutches of Zurg and restored the Cai Dynasty.

Redundant questions and posts:
What color was Hirotazawa's hair?
What is a halfling?
What was that mythical hero's name?
Yeah, I liked this game too! There was this one story about a a mythical hero named Hirotazawa, he was a red-haired halfling, half-demon half-man, who carried two swords. He helped liberate the kingdom from the clutches of Zurg and restored the Cai Dynasty that I really liked.

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Flaming. Insulting someone because of their personal beliefs, religious beliefs, preferences, sexual orientation, race, gender, etc. will not be permitted. However, I do not want to discourage debate. You are completely free to express your views, but you must use tact. Saying you don't like something because it's stupid is flaming. If, though,you were to say you didn't like a game because you found the controls to be sluggish, and unresponsive, that is acceptable.

Examples of flaming:
That game is stupid, and you're stupid for liking it.
Anyone who likes games about ducks must be a moron.

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Unrelated Material. Topics that have nothing to do with the subject of Gamer's Haven will either be moved to the appropriate forum, or deleted completely. Please try to post topics in the appropriate forum. Unrelated material within a topic will either be split into it's own, separate topic or deleted completely.

Examples of unrelated material:
Topic: How do you properly tenderize a brisket?
Topic: Do you like cats?

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Grammar and Punctuation. There is a massive amount of leniency with this rule, but please try to use proper grammar and punctuation in your posts. If you have an excessive amount of misspellings or bad diction in your post, and a moderator feels that you are doing it on purpose, your post may be deleted.

new:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Redundant Topics. Please search for similiar topics on the first few pages before making your own topic. The forum also has a nifty search feature that can help as well. We do not want 5 "What is your favorite RPG character?" posts. This isn't the biggest rule, but it results in a warning and topic delection. Further abuse will result in more serious consequenses. (Possible temporary ban)

That is all for now. If additions are made to the list of rules, then we will make you aware through the use of an announcement at the top of the forum page. Have fun, and we look forward to having pleasant conversations with you in the future.

Current Gamers' Haven Mederators:
Limitless Trust
Ender
Perfect by Nature

Former Gamers' Haven Moderators:
Wu Wei Long
Lord Davion (now an Administrator. Yay!)
Rowde (temporarily gone)
Lu Xun

Note: This thread's sole purpose is the discussion of Gamers' Haven rules. Any other off-topic posts will be deleated. Please attempt to stay on topic.
Last edited by Rowde on Wed Aug 21, 2002 12:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rowde
Intensified Luck Soldier

Re: Please Read Before Posting: Forum Rules

Unread postby Wix The Great » Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:40 am

Rowde wrote::arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Grammar and Punctuation. There is a massive amount of leniency with this rule, but please try to use proper grammar and punctuation in your posts. If you have an excessive amount of misspellings or bad diction in your post, and a moderator feels that you are doing it on purpose, your post may be deleted.

This is my favorite one. It is a pain in the neck to read some of your posts. Due to the facts that you haven't discovered the use of the commas, periods, exclamation, question, or shift keys. They are very useful, try them.
Wix The Great
3/3 of Wei World Order

Unread postby Maria » Mon Aug 19, 2002 11:12 am

I think you should add:

"Think first before you posts. If you do, then chances are you'd be off from any troubles" :lol:

The thread gives me some inspiration for the DW section....
Maria
Iron Duchess

Unread postby Lion's Mane » Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:13 am

Pining to be a moderator is a sure fire way to NOT be accepted as one. Currently, no new moderator positions are even being added, so it's an irrelevant point anyway.
Remember, children, "No two people are not on fire."
Lion's Mane
Lord of Annwn
Lord of Annwn

Unread postby Lu Xun » Wed Jan 29, 2003 3:57 am

New rule on redundant topics...SeeD Trainging Ground also changed to Gamer's Haven, and Mod list is updated. Thank you. ^_^
性高潮枪
"Cheap sandal-maker! Do you always send your little bastard to the field?
If I call my little yellowbeard Cao Zhang over, he'll make meatballs of him!"
- Mengde
Lu Xun
Crown Prince of Shen Zhou

Location: Drinking wine, writing poems, and spending time with my concubines

Unread postby Mr. Counsellor » Fri May 23, 2003 4:43 am

I was wondering if I would be able to post topics regarding our favorite games. I have an idea that it won't be like those already posted which are limited to lists.
Do I still need a higher rank to do this?

Thanks ^_^
i sometimes put a carton of milk in the dryer so that there's an equal distribution of the force shaking it. Tastes like lint though...
Mr. Counsellor
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhou Gongjin » Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:46 am

Richter Hand of God wrote:I was wondering if I would be able to post topics regarding our favorite games. I have an idea that it won't be like those already posted which are limited to lists.
Do I still need a higher rank to do this?

Thanks ^_^

There is already a favourite games thread, so I don't really see a point in making a new one.
He who exercises government by means of his virtue may be compared to the north polar star, which keeps its place and all the stars turn towards it.
-孔夫子
Zhou Gongjin
鋼のチビ

Unread postby Tyler » Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:16 pm

Can you make new topics whenever you want, If none of that theme or idea exist of course. Or do you have to get them aproved by a Moderator or Admin like in SimROTK?
Tyler
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:42 pm

Liu Ce wrote:Can you make new topics whenever you want, If none of that theme or idea exist of course. Or do you have to get them aproved by a Moderator or Admin like in SimROTK?

As long as you have something to contribute, post it.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Iain » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:22 am

HieiTheDarknessDragon wrote:If theres a Topic out there. And someone wants to change something about it, should they ask the host of the Topic to change the tone a little, or should they just add a new Topic?
If you wish to add more information to an older topic then posting an update in the topic will be preferable to starting an entire new topic.

An example would be a new release date for an upcoming game, or a new playmode not previously announced in the game topic. Both of these can be added to the existing topic making it more relevant.
Iain
Lord of Nanchang

Next

Return to Gamers’ Haven