Tough talk and promises from Blizzard

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Do you think Blizzard will truly ban Cd-Keys or is this just tough talk ?

Yes, I think they are serius because this is their reputation on the line.
83%
Nah Blizzard is just a big blowhard.
17%

Total votes : 12

Unread postby HuangGaiTheGreat » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:02 am

I play WarCraft III TFT quite seriously and I know first hand Blizzard doesn't take lightly to hacking. If they have the least suspection of you hacking, expect to be banned. This has happened to a few of my friends and to me as well(luckily I knew enough to save myself). And as stated before, it makes them money when people go out and buy second copys.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." --Abraham Lincoln
"It is only by not trusting that you turn someone into a liar." --Tao Le Ching
HuangGaiTheGreat
Assistant

Unread postby James » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:27 am

Hmm… I’ll throw my vote in with Blizzard being serious. They generally are quite honest and direct in business and marketing, and I wouldn’t expect much different in managing their games. Some of their online titles became well-known for hacking and other exploits, and I do not feel they want that reputation to be associated with their games.

Besides, if you catch someone hacking, and ban the CD-Key, when you think of it, how many of those people wouldn’t come right back with another CD? The people who play enough to hack their games, generally, are also addicted to their games. They won’t drop Blizzard—they’ll sob, run down to the game store, pay for a new license, and log right back in again (perhaps following more rules that time around).
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Ranbir » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:17 pm

Other devs do it, can't see why Blizzard won't do a norm punishment for online cheaters.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Previous

Return to Gamers’ Haven