Game Purchase Advice Thread

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Unread postby Alucard » Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:14 am

GLUEMAN wrote:Should I get Virtua Fighter 4:EVO or should I get Tony Hawk's Underground ? I mean, Virtua Fighter is like one of my favorite games
and its only 19.99, but Tony Hawk's Underground is another one
of my favorite games, which one should I get ?

I'm not a fan of Virtua Fighter but it is cheap. You could get both. From what I heard Tony Hawk Underground storyline isn't the best but the gameplay is awesome. My suggestion is to get both but if you don't have that much get Virtua Fighter and then get Tony Hawk Underground when you have enough for it.
I don't regret the decision I made that day. Even now. But...my heart still aches. I..I want to follow my heart. Whether it is right or wrong will be judged by history. - Pahn
Alucard
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: In a house where I open a door and another door appears.

Unread postby Davey Vengeance » Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:14 am

Hey people, can I have some advice here which of these games should I get for christmas?

1/ XIII
2/ SSX 3
3/ Tony hawk's Underground
4/ Freestyle Urban Street Soccer
5/ DBZ Budokai 2
6/ UNlimited Saga
7/ Total Soccer Manager 2004/ FIFA 2004

list them in order of preference, and note any other recommendations (take note that I live in UK)
Forever X

Like Suikoden? Like RPing?
Then please come and join us at CASTLE NORTH WIND
Say Belcoot sent you...see you there. :)
Davey Vengeance
Scholar of Darkness

Unread postby Alucard » Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:36 pm

Eternal Protector wrote:Hey people, can I have some advice here which of these games should I get for christmas?

1/ XIII
2/ SSX 3
3/ Tony hawk's Underground
4/ Freestyle Urban Street Soccer
5/ DBZ Budokai 2
6/ UNlimited Saga
7/ Total Soccer Manager 2004/ FIFA 2004

list them in order of preference, and note any other recommendations (take note that I live in UK)

1. SSX3
2. Tony Hawk's Underground
3. DBZ Budokai 2
4. XIII
5. Freestyle Urban Street Soccer
6. TOtal Soccer Manager 2004/FIFA 2004
7. Unlimited Saga
I don't regret the decision I made that day. Even now. But...my heart still aches. I..I want to follow my heart. Whether it is right or wrong will be judged by history. - Pahn
Alucard
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kevin » Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:55 pm

Sigh... Horribly tough choice for me.

I am a huge Sonic fan and I've been waiting forever for Sonic Heroes (All 128 bit platforms) (release date is 1/15/04).
Along comes Mario Kart: Double Dash(Gamecube)(already released). My friend brings it over and it is incredibly fun, and now, I'm wondering if I should get it instead of Sonic Heroes.

Help me make a choice! PLEASE! :cry:
Kevin

Unread postby Alucard » Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:10 pm

themastaofdw4 wrote:Sigh... Horribly tough choice for me.

I am a huge Sonic fan and I've been waiting forever for Sonic Heroes (All 128 bit platforms) (release date is 1/15/04).
Along comes Mario Kart: Double Dash(Gamecube)(already released). My friend brings it over and it is incredibly fun, and now, I'm wondering if I should get it instead of Sonic Heroes.

You should get Sonic Hero since you are a huge fan of it. You can always play Mario Kart: Double Dash at your friends house or when he brings it over.
Alucard
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kevin » Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:12 am

Krimzon wrote:

You should get Sonic Hero since you are a huge fan of it. You can always play Mario Kart: Double Dash at your friends house or when he brings it over.

All right I will! Thanks!
Kevin

Unread postby Exar Kun » Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:27 pm

Don't be too hasty.
If you can have 3 friends over by your house on a regular basis then I recommend Kart.You'll get tons of fun and loads of replay from it.You can always rent Sonic.

However your friend has Kart so unless he lives really far he can be the multiplayer focus.If you going to get Kart for the single player experience then slap yourself and get Sonic.

Or you could just get Prince of Persia and be better off. :wink:
"Two there should be; no more, no less.
One to embody the power, the other to crave it."
-Creed of the New Sith-
Exar Kun
Dark Lord of the Sith

Unread postby Jon » Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:45 pm

I need advice.

DW4:XL and a used copy of DW3(my old copy was stolen[50 together]).

or

RPG Maker 2. (50, probably)

Rather, is there anything better I could get that you might suggest?
Jon
Ladies' Man

Unread postby Alucard » Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:26 pm

Jiang Wenming wrote:I need advice.
DW4:XL and a used copy of DW3(my old copy was stolen[50 together]).
or
RPG Maker 2. (50, probably)
Rather, is there anything better I could get that you might suggest?

From the two I choose D:XL and a used copy of DW3. Games I would suggest to get, thats not on the lisit, is Castlevania: Lament of Innoncence, Fatal Frame 2, and Xenosaga.
Alucard
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Li Ruiyue » Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:10 pm

I haven't really played RPG Maker...but I'm assuming you'll probably get more fun out of DW4XL and DW3...well that's what I'll get anyway. :wink: Heh, you don't have to listen to me...since I'm not completley aware of what RPG Maker is actually like...
Well I say go get DW4XL and DW3.
Li Ruiyue
Innocent Soul

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven