Game Purchase Advice Thread

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Game Purchase Advice Thread

Unread postby memeo » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:15 am

The reason i wont buy the diablo 3, so that i wont get addicted all my day for playing that game, its that simple, rly :D
memeo
Assistant

Unread postby Mikhail » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:53 pm

memeo wrote:The reason i wont buy the diablo 3, so that i wont get addicted all my day for playing that game, its that simple, rly :D

Probably wont happen. Its not very addictive to be honest.
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Ranbir » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:04 am

You buy Diablo 3 you're sending a message it is perfectly okay for developers/publishers to demand we be connected to the internet when we play a single-player game. It is one of the most offensive forms of DRM around.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Hyper90 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:53 am

Ranbir wrote:You buy Diablo 3 you're sending a message it is perfectly okay for developers/publishers to demand we be connected to the internet when we play a single-player game. It is one of the most offensive forms of DRM around.

yeah thats the thing. single player online ? what the hell...
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ranbir » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:14 am

EA are doing it with the new Sim City too.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Ah-Man » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:30 am

Is Heavy Rain worth getting? I really enjoyed the "movie" style gameplay of Catherine and heard that Heavy Rain had a movie like feel to it as well.
Ah-Man
Academic

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:36 am

The online requirement is stupid to complain about. You are online anyways. If you are serious about gaming on a computer in anyway you will probably be online. There are a lot more reasons to not buy diablo 3 that the DRM thats not intrusive in the slightest unless your internet is out at your house. Like the fact that the developers want you to play the game their way, which usually ends up meaning you have less fun. Blizz doesnt want you to have fun anymore. Look at the changes between Starcraft 1 and 2, Diablo 2 and 3, or any expansion of WoW. Each one strips away at the predecessor. They become less fun. Blizz has lost it. More devs need to emulate CD Projekt. Those guys are absolute geniuses in making fun games and being an all around good developer.
Oh my my, oh hell yes, your gettin buried in your party dress.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:03 am

Ah-Man wrote:Is Heavy Rain worth getting? I really enjoyed the "movie" style gameplay of Catherine and heard that Heavy Rain had a movie like feel to it as well.

I was going to say yes, it does have a movie feel to it (a detective type movie) and though overatted, is worth getting. However I'm not sure, from what I have heard of Catherine, that the two games are anything alike. Maybe find a demo?
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Ranbir » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:26 am

It isn't stupid at all. Why be required to be online connecting to a server when your entire gaming is done on your own computer and can be done offline? And a lot of people game on their laptops and such while in transit, they want access to games on their hard drive.
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:49 pm

I'm not a huge fan of Ico so wondering if I should bother playing Shadow of the Colossus or just to trade in the Ico collection? Is the second game similar to the first or very different?
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven