Game Purchase Advice Thread

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Game Purchase Advice Thread

Unread postby Cao Chao » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:23 pm

Sorta, kinda . . . It is pretty scary though. I tried to play in the dark and there were times when my heart nearly jumped out of my chest.

There's also Penumbra and it's related games. They're survival horror and they're pretty scary.
曹操曰:宁教我负天下人,休教天下人负我!
Cao Chao
Langzhong

Unread postby rcsha » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:56 pm

I've recently reviewed Alan Wake...it's got a few surprises to it and it is 'survival horror', but it's not really scary. Excellent storyline, though.

There's also Penumbra and it's related games. They're survival horror and they're pretty scary.

I didn't play the first game, but I did play the second. It is an excellent game for something to mess with your mind. There is no combat system, so it is all classic survival horror. Lots of physics puzzles and stuff, if you're into that kind of stuff.
If you want more of my thoughts on it, here's my series of reviewson the second game.
rcsha
Ao Kaio Nankou

Unread postby Ah-Man » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:59 pm

Oh Yeah Alan Wake. I bought the PC version and haven't even installe dit yet after all these months. I really should give ita try.

Yeah thats what everyones been telling me about DeadSpace, and I have seen some of the Dead Space 2 Death Scenes. Hmmmm, but still.... space monsters/aliens aren't really as scary for me as something more supernatural... like creepy asian girls or Killer Spider Clown lol.

And Penumbra looks interesting, and $20 for the entire colection? SOLD!!!

Thanks for your help Cao Chao and rcsha :)
Ah-Man
Academic

Unread postby Ah-Man » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:09 pm

Catherine is going to be on sale on @ 50% discount on the PSN. I was wondering if I should get it. I've always been a fan of Atlus' Shin Megami Franchise (the main line anyways not a big fan of persona), should I get Catherine? Is it a good game?
Ah-Man
Academic

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:58 pm

Ah-Man wrote:Catherine is going to be on sale on @ 50% discount on the PSN. I was wondering if I should get it. I've always been a fan of Atlus' Shin Megami Franchise (the main line anyways not a big fan of persona), should I get Catherine? Is it a good game?

All I can say is the critics loved it and raved about it at the time, still gets mentioned every now and again in glowing tones.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Ah-Man » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:05 am

Thanks Dong :)

Downloading it now :)
Hope its worth the $19.99 :D

Just a quick question, can you add Hard Drive space to your PS3?
Ah-Man
Academic

Unread postby Hyper90 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:56 pm

guys should i purchase diablo 3?

i've been reading plenty of critics and it made me uncertain. :?
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ranbir » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:57 pm

No, you shouldn't.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Ah-Man » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:00 pm

Hyper90 wrote:guys should i purchase diablo 3?

i've been reading plenty of critics and it made me uncertain. :?

All of my friends who got it are in love with it. The only reason why I have refused to get one is because these games a time sinks, you'll be spending hours upon hours a day playing that game lol. It will ruin your life lol

BTW Catherine is a pretty fun puzzle game actually, though I get the feeling its a short game though (played 2 hours on weekend and I'm pretty sure I've gone pass the 30% mark). Its kinda neat that they give you a question about "Fidelity" like "Is it ok to live with a girl you have no intention of marrying?" and after you answer it it swings your "morality bar to either good or bad" and it shows you a pie chart of how many men/women answered like you did and how many didn't. Makes me feel like less of a jerk lol.
Ah-Man
Academic

Unread postby Hyper90 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:06 am

Ranbir wrote:No, you shouldn't.

reason?

Ah-Man wrote:The only reason why I have refused to get one is because these games a time sinks, you'll be spending hours upon hours a day playing that game lol. It will ruin your life lol

spending on 4 hours or less on this game is not a problem. the problem is that i worried about the issues with blizzard such as account blocked, cant login and such. its a heartache :(

and i heard you had to buy an account to login...
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven