Game Purchase Advice Thread

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Game Purchase Advice Thread

Unread postby Ranbir » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Tigger of Kai wrote:Anybody going for the new Warhammer 40k: Space Marine for PC? Would really like to know how well the multiplayer works before I buy...

No co-op yet.

MP otherwise is smooth. My australian buddy and I were both on red bar ping(I'm playing through VPN until proper UK release) playing with Europeans and it worked well enough that we didn't suffer in our scores.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Adam » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:40 pm

Best Buy has Assassin's Creed Revelations for 34.99 plus free shipping right now, might actually buy it at that price despite still playing Skyrim and screwing around with Rocksmith.
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:03 am

Local used game shop has FF3 for DS on sale. I haven't played the original so I don't know what FF3 is like. Is it worth my time/money?
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Ranbir » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:22 pm

It is not.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Qu Hui » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:21 pm

Ranbir wrote:It is not.

To elaborate: It is such a painful grindfest beyond all painful grindfests. You will have to grind for hours just to barely squeak past the most current boss (and the fact that you can't actually buy Phoenix Downs [which are pretty rare] nor are there really any MP healing items is just rubbing salt in the wounds). The best grinding spot in the game is only good for getting your party up to level 50 or so and then you have to solo-grind and can only make it to 65 or so without any difficulty. And then there's the fact that all of the enemies got insanely strengthened to account for there only being a max of 3 on the screen, and all of the classes were nerfed in spite of this. From what I've heard, Final Fantasy IV's DS remake is just as bad.
My avatar is Roy from Fire Emblem: Binding Blade, as he appears in Fire Emblem: Awakening
Quote of the "Day": "The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." -Neil Gaiman
Qu Hui
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:55 pm

Qu Hui wrote: From what I've heard, Final Fantasy IV's DS remake is just as bad.

Huh. I guess that's not getting my Christmas money then. I thought they had made some improvements to the class system compared to the original.

I do have FF4 DS, and haven't found it a grindfest really. In fact, I don't think I've really level-grinded at all. The only reason I haven't finished FF4 DS yet is that I'm still grinding for the frigging pink tails.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:09 am

Is FM12 (Football Manger 2012) worth getting?
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand and my tumblr to see if I have reviewed it!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ranbir » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:02 pm

It is.
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Mikhail » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:53 pm

Ranbir wrote:It is.

Concurs.
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:07 pm

Mikhail wrote:
Ranbir wrote:It is.

Concurs.

Either of you want to add to that? :P
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand and my tumblr to see if I have reviewed it!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven