Favourite sport?

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Favourite sport?

Unread postby epaminondas146871 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:13 pm

Sun Fin wrote:
LordCBrasil wrote:Just Volleyball. :D

Love Volleyball, I captained a team for a friendly whilst I was in Kenya, played in front of a crowd of 300 odd people. We got beaten fairly soundly, but was good fun.

That would sound like great fun, but I've honestly had enough of my share of public whippings...
You don't ever show your face in that basketball facility again when your team went 0-9 in the C league.
"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." - Alexander

"The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche
epaminondas146871
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ratzalot » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:22 am

American Football!!! (I agree it should not be called "football".) From NFL Sunday Ticket to Red Zone Channel to fantasy football to Madden NFL video games, I just can't get enough NFL.
Ratzalot
Master

Unread postby Xia Kyoto » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:28 am

Football or Rugby.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.. and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche
Xia Kyoto
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Human5 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:39 pm

Ratzalot wrote:American Football!!! (I agree it should not be called "football".)

I couldn't think of anything else I want it to be called. I certainly don't want it to be called "soccer".
Human5
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:05 pm

Well Football isn't Soccer, it's FIFA, not FISA or SIFA and an international renowned sport!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Asellas » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:29 pm

Before I was forced into retirement, my favourite sport was swimming because I was very talented at it. After that, it was Martial Arts, after that it was Basketball, but now it's Snooker. That is the hardest sport to play in my opinion; it's definitely a game where you are either good at or you're not.
"Winter is coming".
"I like hurting people...it's what I do best because I am heartless".
"Love is for poets, romance is for playwrights, and sex is for procreation - I desire none of them"
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby epaminondas146871 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:55 pm

Asellas wrote:Before I was forced into retirement, my favourite sport was swimming because I was very talented at it.

What stroke did you specialize in? I'm a breaststroker...
"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." - Alexander

"The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche
epaminondas146871
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Asellas » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:13 pm

I didn't have a speciality. I done frontcrawl, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly. Butterfly was the one I done most of the time in freestyle.
"Winter is coming".
"I like hurting people...it's what I do best because I am heartless".
"Love is for poets, romance is for playwrights, and sex is for procreation - I desire none of them"
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby Human5 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:03 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dir ... sow-wp3939

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pro team vs 109 little kids.

Football
Human5
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ratzalot » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:39 pm

Human5 wrote:I couldn't think of anything else I want it to be called. I certainly don't want it to be called "soccer".

The correct term is Gridiron Football. I'd be happy with "gridiron". The National Gridiron League. How about trench war? Football is such a terrible term for what the game really is. A foot comes into contact with the ball for mere seconds during an entire game.
Ratzalot
Master

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven