Favourite sport?

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Favourite sport?

Unread postby Mikhail » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:22 pm

Kong Wen wrote:Anyone here for cricket? Anyone?

I imported a cricket game for the PS3 to learn the rules and understand the game a bit more. I've got to say, it didn't do a good job in doing that.

It's still in my list of sports to learn though.
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Elitemsh » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:14 pm

Kong Wen wrote:Anyone here for cricket? Anyone?

Yes that is my favourite sport (to watch i mean). For me there is nothing like watching India play cricket when they bat that is and not in twenty20 because they seem to suck in that format.

Second to football, cricket may be the most popular international sport. I am not suprised that you Americans and Canadians don't know much about it. No offence but it is not where you guys excel.
''I've never fought for anyone but myself. I've got no purpose in life. No ultimate goal. It's only when I'm cheating death on the battlefield. The only time I feel truly alive.'' ~Solid Snake
Elitemsh
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby S.Teague » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:30 pm

Even America is somewhat divided in it's self about sports. I mean, I've never meet very many Hockey fans before, but that is considered one of the biggest sports in the US. I think it's up north mostly though, that you'll meet Hockey fans.
Baseball is "America's Past Time" but it is greatly declining.
At least where I live, it's Basketball and Football (American Football). NASCAR is big around here too, but I can't stand to watch it. Seems so boring to me.
My Alabama Crimson Tide won the National Championship last year and return most of their players this year. They start the year ranked 1st, and could likely win another, which would be the schools 14th. So............ Roll Tide !!!
S.Teague
Academic

Unread postby Human5 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:58 pm

American Football, Hockey, and Basketball are my favs. :)
Human5
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:08 am

Football, F1 and Squash for the win!
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby HonorBe4Peace » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:41 pm

Has to Football, Basketball, and Baseball.
HonorBe4Peace
Tyro

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:30 am

I would say american football (I played semi-pro for 3 years but didn't get anywhere with it), basketball, and volleyball.

I did enjoy playing baseball & softball as a kid but, didn't really care much for it after getting to high school. I do enjoying taking in a game every once in a while though.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:27 am

cross country and tennis are my favorites. cross country is very self motivating and I just love it. tennis is just an all around great sport I could recommend to anyone and its very easy to pick up
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SapphireKirby » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:43 am

Hmm, I enjoy watching tennis and golf a lot. I used to learn judo, but I got a little bored so I quit. :l I've always wanted to learn karate, but there's no where near where I live that teaches it.
"Be vigilant! Be vigilant! If an evil is minor, resist it nonetheless. If a good deed is trifling, perform it all the same. Only wisdom and virtue can truly win men's devotion." - Liu Bei's testament (Chapter 85, p. 1012)
SapphireKirby
Apprentice

Unread postby Faerlyte » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:23 am

Football is my number one for watching. Hockey is my number one for playing, although football comes in at a close second. I played basketball all growing up, but it's probably third, maybe even fourth on the list as far as playing goes. I also played soccer and I always wanted to try tennis, but never got a chance to.

I love playing just about any sport though. I'd give anything a go pretty much.
"If you can't do something smart, do something right." -Jayne Cobb, Serenity
Faerlyte
Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven