Favourite sport?

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Favourite sport?

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:06 am

my favorite sport is running long distance/cross country. I love long distance because its such a challenging sport and no matter how fast you get it will always challenge you. I also love pole vaulting, tennis, golf, and soccer.
Last edited by Cao Hong 14 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Pancakes » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:43 am

Basketball and badminton. (But I don't play basketball lol)
Pancakes
Apprentice

Unread postby SunXia » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:35 am

Ratzalot wrote:The correct term is Gridiron Football. I'd be happy with "gridiron". The National Gridiron League. How about trench war? Football is such a terrible term for what the game really is. A foot comes into contact with the ball for mere seconds during an entire game.
It just looks like Rugby to me only they wear protector things!! Give me good old Football and Rugby any day by comparison!! I agree it shouldn't be called American Football when they hold the ball all the time bar the odd kick!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Shen Ai » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:47 am

Tennis. I love Tennis. I love playing it, I love watching it, and I love wearing Tennis clothes.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Aygor » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:16 pm

I love Football (the true one, not the american version of Rugby) and Basketball. I also enjoy Volleyball, Tennis and Rugby, but to a lesser extent.
I also love martial arts, as I have practiced Karate and Judo for years. I will probably start Tae Kwon Do or Viet Vo Dao this year.
分久必合,合久必分
Ἀτύφως μὲν λαβεῖν, εὐλύτως δὲ ἀφεῖναι
Aygor
Langzhong

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:41 am

Aygor wrote:and Basketball

Well maybe we can get the Basketball thread going with some decent conversation on B-Ball. That thread was fairly active last year during the season and playoffs.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shen Ai » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:09 am

Aygor wrote:I also love martial arts, as I have practiced Karate and Judo for years. I will probably start Tae Kwon Do or Viet Vo Dao this year.

Nice, I've been doing Hap-Ki-Do myself.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:56 am

SunXia wrote:I agree it shouldn't be called American Football when they hold the ball all the time bar the odd kick!!

I always laugh when I hear or read someone say this. It's the truth, albeit a funny one.

Regarding the protective gear, it's pretty much mandatory with how fast and hard the game is played (raises hand based on experience). I'd have to say from experience, it's more punishing to the body than rugby based on the hits received. The quantity of hard hits is less, but the quality is greater.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Aygor » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:44 am

Shen Ai wrote:
Aygor wrote:I also love martial arts, as I have practiced Karate and Judo for years. I will probably start Tae Kwon Do or Viet Vo Dao this year.

Nice, I've been doing Hap-Ki-Do myself.

Unfortunately, as I badly sprained an ankle playing bball, i'm using crutches and pretty much won't be able to practice any sport till at least january.
Hap-Ki-Do seems very interesting, i'll look more into it. I now have a lot of spare time to ponder which martial art I will start practicing :roll:
分久必合,合久必分
Ἀτύφως μὲν λαβεῖν, εὐλύτως δὲ ἀφεῖναι
Aygor
Langzhong

Unread postby Boydie » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:59 pm

Used to play a ton of rugby, played against a lot of teams from the UK and Northern Ireland, also played against a Kiwi, Spanish, Italian and Canadian squads. Love watching the 6 nations and the rugby world cup also enjoyed the British Lions this year in Australia.
Boydie
Academic

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven