Favorite Video Game of All-Time?

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Favorite Video Game of All-Time?

Unread postby Gurochu » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:36 pm

I have tons and tons of games I adore but for me #1 is Super Mario Sunshine.

The characters are all cool, I love every single mission, the levels are great, F.L.U.D.D. is such a great gameplay mechanic and makes really cool advanced techniques possible, plenty of shines to get, Delfino plaza is such a great hub. I could gush about every level and shine endlessly.

Close runner ups are FF6 8 and 10, Secret and Sword of Mana, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Tales of Symphonia, Super Smash Bros Melee, Gran Turismo 3, plenty of others I'm sure aren't coming to mind right now.
wow
Gurochu
Tyro

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:04 pm

I loved FFVIII, I lost hours in to Squall and the rest!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:21 am

Sun Fin wrote:I loved FFVIII, I lost hours in to Squall and the rest!

Same here. It probably is the third most logged hours I've ever invested in any video game, with FFVII and FFT (original) being first and second.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shu Ryorin » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:18 am

Zhuanyong wrote:

Same here. It probably is the third most logged hours I've ever invested in any video game, with FFVII and FFT (original) being first and second.

I enjoyed FFVIII and love FFVII and FFT, but since high school it's become increasingly clear to me that FFVI is my favorite Final Fantasy, if not video game in general.

Just by hours logged, though, it would probably be either Pokemon Blue/Red or Pokemon Gold. Or Age of Kings.
"Only dummies call people dummy, dummy!"
-some fairy in "Breath of Fire III"

Grad school is hard, you guys.
Shu Ryorin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Canada, wandering the less-frozen-than-Alaska-but-still-cold wastes of grad school

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:39 pm

Yeah no doubt in my mind I've put more hours in to Pokémon red than any other game, ever. I bought blue when I was on holiday in Tenerife and it was of course in Spanish which I can't speak a word of. I was able to complete the game in 2 days cos I'd done red so many times; I knew it right down to what level the Pokémon learn their respective moves.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:22 am

Shu Ryorin wrote:
Zhuanyong wrote:

I enjoyed FFVIII and love FFVII and FFT, but since high school it's become increasingly clear to me that FFVI is my favorite Final Fantasy, if not video game in general.

Just by hours logged, though, it would probably be either Pokemon Blue/Red or Pokemon Gold. Or Age of Kings.

One of these days I may have to put up the cash to buy FFVI. I've heard nothing but good things about it. It's been deemed the best FF ever by many of the FF fans, and some going even as far as claiming it is the best game ever.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shu Ryorin » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:31 am

Zhuanyong wrote:One of these days I may have to put up the cash to buy FFVI. I've heard nothing but good things about it. It's been deemed the best FF ever by many of the FF fans, and some going even as far as claiming it is the best game ever.

It's certainly one of my all-time favorite games. The story and characters are incredibly well done and the graphics are amazing for an SNES game. I have the PS1 release, but I believe it's on the Playstation Network, if you have access to that.
"Only dummies call people dummy, dummy!"
-some fairy in "Breath of Fire III"

Grad school is hard, you guys.
Shu Ryorin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Canada, wandering the less-frozen-than-Alaska-but-still-cold wastes of grad school

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:22 am

Shu Ryorin wrote:It's certainly one of my all-time favorite games. The story and characters are incredibly well done and the graphics are amazing for an SNES game. I have the PS1 release, but I believe it's on the Playstation Network, if you have access to that.

Sadly I don't, so I would have to put up the money to buy a copy on eBay or Amazon. But with other games starting to gain interest from me I may put buying it on the shelf. I'm considering Madden 25 and other releases as well as one of the next gen systems - likely the PS4. I've been away from Sony for too long. :lol:

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby plunged » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:48 pm

I used to be a big FF fan. I got hooked after playing some demo's of FFVII and FFVIII. Then I bought the full version of FFVIII and since then followed the series for some years. I kind of didn't like FFVII as much as I thought I would and FFVI became my favourite, with Terra being my favourite character. I loved FFXII and supported the battle system change, but when FFXIII came I didn't really get hooked to it like FFXII. I finished the game, but it also finished my appetite for more FF tbh. Didn't buy FFXIII-2. FFXV looks ok, but not sure I'll buy it.

I remember I played The Battle of Olympus on the NES a looong time ago. Superb game! So much fun and kinda interesting. Nice 8bit music too, especially the Peloponnesos theme. Along with StarTropics my favourite NES game. On SNES I liked Zombies. Modern series I play are Castlevania and Silent Hill. Kind of had it with DW lately.
plunged
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:25 am

plunged wrote:I kind of didn't like FFVII as much as I thought I would

I'm interested in why you didn't like it? Most people I've read state they didn't like it have cited a different range of reasons, unless they are of the younger gamer generation that cite FFX or later as their first FF game. Then it's usually that they hate the graphics...

FFXV looks ok, but not sure I'll buy it.

I agree. I remember when it was initially leaked, it was called FF Versus XIII. I believe there was some mention of it being cancelled but now it's back as FFXV.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven