Favorite Video Game of All-Time?

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Unread postby Emperor Bohe » Fri Aug 02, 2002 11:07 pm

The Biggest Hypocrite wrote:
And the SNK fighting games wouldn't be considered as a rip-off if it surpassed Capcom, but it didn't! And SF has always been a fan favourite compared to SNK................ That's why SNK lost alllllll their money!!!!!!


Actually, not to start a flame war and I'm not on anyones side.
Capcom took a break making fighting games and SNK-NEOGEO (as it's known now) is at the top of 2-D fighting games ................................for now :P :lol:
User avatar
Emperor Bohe
Changshi
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:58 am

Unread postby Rowde » Fri Aug 02, 2002 11:12 pm

Finishing moves, Super Moves, that concept of having a huge attack that would devestate your opponent. Capcom expanded on the concept by allowing you to perform the move at any time, but it still encouraged to finish your opponent with a super move because you get substantial point increase for doing this. They got the idea from Mortal Kombat.

Again, it is simply your opinion that 2D fighting is dead... Not everyone has to follow the mass market. There are still good 2D fighting games being made.

Maybe you don't need to try to flame people because they have a different opinion than yours.
Copernicus of the New Age, take this unbearable weight of gravity, and liberate this galaxy!"
~ Kenji Miyazawa
Rowde
Intensified Luck Soldier
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:40 pm
Location: Was I supposed to put something funny here?

Unread postby Maria » Sat Aug 03, 2002 5:41 am

Bleh, Hypocrite, DO NOT FORCE YOUR OPINION ON SOMEONE ELSE. Nuff' said.

To think of it, SNK's fire element and Capcom's fire element are different. Ryu shots out fireballs, whereas Kyo usually use the ground as a medium. That's 2 different things.

If you say that SNK is a rip off of capcom, then you should say the same for almost a LOT of other games. You can even say DYNASTY WARRIORS 3 is a rip-off of Namco's SOUL CALIBUR because they have similar guys and all.

Pretty ironic, eh?
Maria
Iron Duchess
 
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2002 3:01 pm
Location: Devil's Den

Unread postby Emperor Bohe » Sat Aug 03, 2002 1:48 pm

Dragon_Girl wrote:If you say that SNK is a rip off of capcom, then you should say the same for almost a LOT of other games. You can even say DYNASTY WARRIORS 3 is a rip-off of Namco's SOUL CALIBUR because they have similar guys and all.



Edge Master-Huang Zhong
Seung Mina-Sun Shang Xiang
Hwang-Gan Ning?
Lu Meng- Mitsurugi
Xiahou Dun-Arthur

:lol: :lol:
User avatar
Emperor Bohe
Changshi
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:58 am

Unread postby Maria » Sat Aug 03, 2002 1:56 pm

Zhang Duosi Quan wrote:
Dragon_Girl wrote:If you say that SNK is a rip off of capcom, then you should say the same for almost a LOT of other games. You can even say DYNASTY WARRIORS 3 is a rip-off of Namco's SOUL CALIBUR because they have similar guys and all.



Edge Master-Huang Zhong
Seung Mina-Sun Shang Xiang
Hwang-Gan Ning?
Lu Meng- Mitsurugi
Xiahou Dun-Arthur

:lol: :lol:


I could add more:

Kilik - Jiang Wei
Siegfried (the young one, before he became nightmare) - Fu Xi
Taki - Zhen Ji
Rock - Dian Wei or Huang Gai

that should do for now :lol:
Maria
Iron Duchess
 
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2002 3:01 pm
Location: Devil's Den

Unread postby A Sympathetic Character » Sat Aug 03, 2002 7:10 pm

DW is an adventue-fighting game...........
SC is just a fighting game!!!!! And those weapons happen to be very popular among videogames!
"I am a Sympathetic Character! I have been undeniably jealous of those who hold more power than me. . . I feel utterly threatened by them." - A Sympathetic Character
User avatar
A Sympathetic Character
Langzhong
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2002 7:46 pm
Location: Toilet.

Unread postby Rowde » Sat Aug 03, 2002 7:20 pm

The Biggest Hypocrite wrote:DW is an adventue-fighting game...........
SC is just a fighting game!!!!! And those weapons happen to be very popular among videogames!

Yeah... so are throwing fireballs. Plus, you defined in your earlier post that a "rip-off" is when you "steal" elements from something else. So the weapons and character designs in Dynasty Warriors 3 were loosely borrowed from Soul Calibur. Mind you, I'm using YOUR ASSESSMENT of what a rip-off is to show you this example.

The Biggest Hypocrite wrote:A rip-off is when someone/something steals from somewhere else..........
If they try to alter it, but they still have the same aspects, that's still a rip-off...............

I told you this definition was far too liberal.

None of us really think that DW3 is a rip-off of SC, Just as SNK fighting games aren't rip-offs of Capcom fighting games. Why don't you just admit that you were wrong so we can end this silly argument.
Copernicus of the New Age, take this unbearable weight of gravity, and liberate this galaxy!"
~ Kenji Miyazawa
Rowde
Intensified Luck Soldier
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:40 pm
Location: Was I supposed to put something funny here?

Unread postby A Sympathetic Character » Sat Aug 03, 2002 7:33 pm

THE END!!!!!!!!!!

I will stop this argument......... Until you admit that SNK sucks!!!! JOKES! :lol: :lol: :lol:

*shakes hands with Rowde*
"I am a Sympathetic Character! I have been undeniably jealous of those who hold more power than me. . . I feel utterly threatened by them." - A Sympathetic Character
User avatar
A Sympathetic Character
Langzhong
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2002 7:46 pm
Location: Toilet.

Unread postby Emperor Bohe » Sat Aug 03, 2002 7:35 pm

FINALLY!! :lol: and SNK doesn't suck! *runs away*
User avatar
Emperor Bohe
Changshi
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:58 am

Unread postby A Sympathetic Character » Sat Aug 03, 2002 7:36 pm

*chases ZDQ*

"What did you say???"

Actually I enjoys SNK games.............. Like Metal Slug and hmmmmmmmmm, I guess that's all!
"I am a Sympathetic Character! I have been undeniably jealous of those who hold more power than me. . . I feel utterly threatened by them." - A Sympathetic Character
User avatar
A Sympathetic Character
Langzhong
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2002 7:46 pm
Location: Toilet.

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Copyright © 2002–2008 Kongming’s Archives. All Rights Reserved