Favorite Video Game of All-Time?

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Unread postby Iznoach, Legendary Dragon » Sun Jul 07, 2002 7:38 am

Well, after much thought (and not a few beers :lol: ), I have came up with my top 5 fav's of all time:

(1) Super Mario Bros. NES/Arcade. Why: This was the first game I really got into deep, and played extremely insane amounts of time. I of course played games before this such as Donkey Kong, Pong, Frogger, Pac-Man, etc., but this is the game that started it all for me as far as I'm concerned. I probably put enough quarters into the arcade to buy this game 100 times over...

(2) Mortal Kombat II SNES/Arcade. Why: I got into fighting games with SFII and MKI, but this game was just so much better than the predecessors, I couldn't help but play it. Before I finally got this cartridge, I put almost as many quarters in as I did for Mario, and when I did get it, my friends and I used to have all-night tournaments for weeks on end...and I still play it. It also was the first to introduce so many different finishing moves, such as fatalities, babalities, friendships, and stage specific kills. Truly awesome game.

(3) NBA Jam: TE SNES/Arcade. Why: I didn't spend nearly as much on the arcade version of this as I did with other titles, because I got this one right when it came out...My brothers and I played what must have been about 40 games of this per day, for months, and I don't know if any title has taken so much of my time as this one, not even RTK.

(4) Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past SNES. Why: This game took a great game and made it infinitely better, and I loved everything about this game. It had a great story, awesome music, and an evil antagonist. As the game wore on, I remember getting a sense of urgency, as if I didn't hurry up something bad was going to happen, and this is the first game to do that for me.

(5) Final Fantasy III SNES. Why: As far as I'm concerned, this is the greatest title in RPG's ever. It's not my #1 because I don't really love RPG's as much as other genre's, such as sports and action. However, this game, with it's great story, awesome music, and the most evil bad-guy of all time, ranks very high for me, and I wish Square would re-make this with all new PS2 graphics, or at least have one of their newer versions have the depth of this amazing game.

Btw, I haven't ranked them in order, they sit head and shoulders above the rest together.
"Armed and dangerous, ain't too many can hang wit us
straight up weed no angel dust, label us Notorious..."--Biggie
Iznoach, Legendary Dragon
Gunslinger

Unread postby Zhou Gongjin » Sun Jul 07, 2002 1:45 pm

Zhang_Zhao wrote:Which Sonic game was your fav? I like the third with the Sonic and Knuckles expansion pack. Allows you to play as Knuckles in the Sonic 3 stages.

The Dreamcast version, that one was simply breathtaking
He who exercises government by means of his virtue may be compared to the north polar star, which keeps its place and all the stars turn towards it.
-孔夫子
Zhou Gongjin
鋼のチビ

Unread postby Maria » Wed Jul 24, 2002 3:44 pm

Always been Tetris. No other games could hold my hands from touching those Gameboy buttons and go all the way to Level 15 :D
Maria
Iron Duchess

Unread postby Alucard » Wed Jul 24, 2002 4:39 pm

i say pac man. i love that game when i was young. now its all jazzed up.

now i like the most
ff series
suikoden series
rtk
I don't regret the decision I made that day. Even now. But...my heart still aches. I..I want to follow my heart. Whether it is right or wrong will be judged by history. - Pahn
Alucard
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: In a house where I open a door and another door appears.

Unread postby Shizumeru » Wed Jul 24, 2002 4:57 pm

street fighter :) man.... i love that game
BOOM!!!!
Shizumeru
Langzhong

Unread postby Omega52 » Fri Jul 26, 2002 8:20 am

Ive got a dead even tie
Mystical Ninja starring Goemon(64) and Harvest moon back to nature (psx)
"I mistrust the judgement of every man in a case in which his own wishes are concerned."- Field Marshal Arthur Wellesley
Omega52
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhang_Zhao » Fri Jul 26, 2002 4:30 pm

All RPG's and Fighting games, because they rule.
"This is why you are no good." Melfice
Zhang_Zhao
Langzhong

Unread postby Wei Yan » Fri Jul 26, 2002 4:35 pm

All time fav is SUikoden 2.
"To obtain peace we must go to war. If only the world was a lot easier"
Wei Yan
Langzhong

Unread postby Iznoach, Legendary Dragon » Sat Jul 27, 2002 6:41 am

Wei Yan wrote:All time fav is SUikoden 2.

that's funny, I just started that again the other day...but I'm trying to pick all the opposite selections than I did last time.
"Armed and dangerous, ain't too many can hang wit us
straight up weed no angel dust, label us Notorious..."--Biggie
Iznoach, Legendary Dragon
Gunslinger

Unread postby animetayl » Sat Jul 27, 2002 7:34 am

I just picked up Suikoden 2. It is an amazing game to say the least.
I too love the Harvest Moon series. It's really innovative.
animetayl
Sky Bandit

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven