Gloria Sinica: Han Xiongnu Wars (Warband Engine game)

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Gloria Sinica: Han Xiongnu Wars (Warband Engine game)

Unread postby Aaron.K » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:05 am

Figured I might as well share this here. On the Taleworlds forum (the developer of Mount and Blade Warband), we first learned that there was a Chinese made mod that was set during the Han-Xiongnu wars. Then there was some information (that was gleaned by Russian folks on the Chinese forums translating the Chinese to Russian and then translating the Russian into English, so some things might have gotten lost in translation) that it was going to be a DLC for Mount and Blade Warband (kind of like the DLC they had previously; Napoleonic Wars, and Viking Conquest).

Instead it turns out that it's a standalone title that is using the Warband engine (like the game "With Fire and Sword").

Here's the Steam page:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/688470/Gloria_Sinica_Han_Xiongnu_Wars/

I don't know anything more than anyone else about this, but presumably it takes place around 120 BC (given that Huo Qubing is present in it), and overall it looks quite interesting. I had been anticipating it for quite a while, and I'm looking forward to its release (between October and December of this year). Based on the Steam information, it'll be supported in English as well. So if you're a fan of Warband, keep your eye on this. Seems like a very promising setting.
"Why have you come to Jotunheim all alone?"
Aaron.K
Master

Re: Gloria Sinica: Han Xiongnu Wars (Warband Engine game)

Unread postby Shao Shanshu » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:25 am

Indeed. The problem with great M&B mods is that enthusiasm tends to drain out half-way.
Shao Shanshu
Apprentice

Re: Gloria Sinica: Han Xiongnu Wars (Warband Engine game)

Unread postby Aaron.K » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:29 am

Well, the original mod that this was based on is released and available for M&B. But they were doing a version for Warband, and then it progressed to the point that they were given funding by an academic institution, and it kind of grew from there. Then they had talks with Taleworlds at Gamescom in 2016. Everyone on the Taleworlds forum was under the impression the talks they had was to make an expansion for Warband instead of an actual standalone game. (Presumably to gain more market share in China. Though they don't necessarily require that, since M&B is very popular in China on its own).
"Why have you come to Jotunheim all alone?"
Aaron.K
Master

Return to Gamers’ Haven