The Romance of the Three Kingdoms D&D RPG!

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

The Romance of the Three Kingdoms D&D RPG!

Unread postby adammeier » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:47 pm

Hello everyone!

I am a newbie to the Romance of the Three Kingdoms SoSZ community. My IRC name for SimRTK and SoSZ is "Zhong" for those who are curious about me.

I am in the middle of inventing and innovating a pen-and-paper RPG version of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms by using the assets of the video games, the books, and even later in the future I will be asking people from SimRTK to possibly contribute to this piece of work.

I am currently working on a first edition/draft of this RPG and will possibly be done at the end of the week for hands-on testing of certain mechanics.
This RPG will include mechanics from previous RTK games such as debates, duels, speciality items, the attribute system, and more, while also including the open-doors RPing that SimRTK's forum accepts.

I will be willing to answer questions, but I cannot ensure I will answer all as I am working literally 24/7. Hell, I am over 20 hours deprived of sleep writing this so it can be released to people interested!
adammeier
Tyro

Re: The Romance of the Three Kingdoms D&D RPG!

Unread postby Zweed89 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:24 am

I want to play more games than this, I am very lonely to play alone.
Zweed89
Tyro

Re: The Romance of the Three Kingdoms D&D RPG!

Unread postby Aaron.K » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:08 am

Take a look at the tabletop RPG known as "Qin, The Warring States". Might be helpful for some inspiration and such. Obviously it's set in the warring states, but mechanically it's solid and that might help with ideas.
"Why have you come to Jotunheim all alone?"
Aaron.K
Sage

Return to Gamers’ Haven