Total War Warhammer

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Total War Warhammer

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:04 am

That does sound like a lot of fun!
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Gray Riders » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:21 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PtX_tJdBU4
Flyby of Lustria and Ulthuan, also showing some of the Old World faction's holdings.

So fun note; the Vampires Counts they briefly show have zombies and skeletons with more control that can use handguns and serve as pirates. No idea if this will be implemented in the game or they'll have standard Vampire Count units.

We don't really see Dark Elves or Skaven (seriously hope they give us some idea of how Skaven play before release).

Edit: It's been pointed out that around 3:26 or so you can see a weird, green glow inside the ruins. Some people suspect it may be Skaven related.
Furthermore, at one point an army can be seen with the banner of Pirazzo's Lost Legion, a famous Dogs of War company. They're around 4:40. There seem to be two armies with the banner.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:37 pm

That advert made me more interested in the game with the sense of very different paths to the portal, a wide band of mini factions, legendary lords seemingly starting in very different places

I wonder how delving beneath ruined cities will work becuase my temptation is nearly always to build settlements for the long term gain
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:27 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:That advert made me more interested in the game with the sense of very different paths to the portal, a wide band of mini factions, legendary lords seemingly starting in very different places

I wonder how delving beneath ruined cities will work becuase my temptation is nearly always to build settlements for the long term gain

Yeah, I'm wondering how it works and--more importantly--why "settling on spot" and "searching for treasure" and mutually exclusive. Realistically, you'd explore the thing before building a city on top of the ruins, especially with dangers lurking within.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:38 pm

I could see logic for "search but can't settle for set amount of turns afterwards" and wanting to stop people going "search then settle" but can't they balance it so we can do both?
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:14 pm

This...appeared.
https://www.totalwar.com/ritual/

According to other people there might be a week's worth. Those are clearly Skaven rune we're tying in for the senence so...Skaven reveal in one week?
Edit: Apparently it's been pointed out they posted it at 1PM (or 13) their time when they usually post at 3PM.
13 is a significant number for Skaven--notably, it's how many seats are on their ruling council.

EDIT:
Oh, now this:
https://www.facebook.com/TotalWar/photo ... 4838651441
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:01 am

Did they reveal anything Gray?

Started chaos, been running around the north awakening tribes and deciding to make them all vassals rathe then jus allies by beating them up since they tend to war with each otherwise. Given it is the first horde faction in the game, having a bit of a "ok fight this guy, recruit this" tutorial start like the other main races would have been helpful (also opening cutscene is way too focused on wizard man) as takes a bit of adjusting. Gameplay a bit slow due to manner of horde, once I get the horde powerful enough then they are very very strong but the opening few levels for a chaos lord leaves them quite weak
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:36 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:Did they reveal anything Gray?

A second puzzle went up a few days later--this one unlocked a "choose your own adventure" style game where you play as an elf scout infiltrating a ruined temple--it's apparently impossible to survive, but getting far enough gets you directly killed by a Skaven assassin for one more confirmation they're the fourth race. Nothing major since, as far as I know.\

EDIT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-8RQCwevAk
High Elf battle gameplay. Lothern Sea Guard look pretty great.
Swordsmasters now have missile deflection, like in the tabletop game. They have very high melee defense, especially for a two-handed weapon user.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:43 pm

I like the changing ammunition for artillary, some of the spells and it just looks a better game
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:10 pm

Total War's twitter just linked to this with the comment "tomorrow".
https://www.facebook.com/TotalWar/video ... 295954765/
Dark Elves incoming.

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB6FaGBz0Lo
Features confirmation of the War Hydra, and 90% confirmation the other Legendary Lord will be his mother, Morathi.

So, Malekith.
By rules he's vampire lord-esque--very powerful in hand-to-hand but also a powerful sorcerer, being a master of "Dark magic". Wonder how he'll end up in-game.

Edit2: Dark Elf roster revealed friday (hopefully this week's).
So I guess in a month or so we'll get the *squeaksqueak* trailer and roster.

Edit3: On the 19th at 3PM BST the new DLC will be played live.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven