Total War Warhammer

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Total War Warhammer

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:50 am

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:I liked the dwarven campaign too, the only real problem the grudge system gave me was involving the agents. I am not the best in leveling up my Agents apparently. I generally use them to accompany the army and occasionally raid the enemies lands for resources. So near the end game when high level Chaos agents were hitting me again and again and causing more and more grudges to appear my lowly agents kept failing to kill them.
Caused me a lot of frustration at the time but still had fun with it. Was really relieved when I finally got rid of my last grudge. Of course when the main Chaos faction was destroyed and their agents vanished that helped a lot :P

Yeah the whole "wipe out faction, end the grudge" thing really helped sometimes

Gray Riders wrote:What I think is one of the game's huge problems; enemy AI loves agent spamming, so all your own agents need to be assassins and not much else, and they need to be constantly carrying out useless missions to level-grind.
Edit: The patch notes. People have been complaining that 90% of magic is useless since launch, and CA spring into action by...nerfing magic again.

That is my problem with agents. I probably should still given my armies one hero each to compliment the lord (so the dwavern King's get runelord, Franz a mage, the two mage lords a champion) but I do find myself using them for constant attempts to kill rival agents in my lands or burning walls down

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:Got the Elf expansion and tried out their campaign. I haven't played in a while so either I am very rusty or this campaign is quite hard.
I took over a pair of abandoned castles and began fortifying the area to gain resources. I made some alliances to gain some amber, so far so good. I occasionally got messages warning me about an invasion of beastmen from the far west but I thought to myself, bah, who cares there are several factions between them and me no problem I have plenty of time to prepare and besides, I wasn't swimming in money or anything. I had two armies each with around 10-12 units in them I am good for a bit.
Well apparently the game thought I had plenty of time to prepare cause suddenly I had 3 beastmen armies each with 20 units in them right in the middle of my territory (i have enemy turns turned off to make things faster). Well, I guess I am boned huh?
I assigned my allies to attack them but sadly the beastmen went first and slapped my wussy armies aside and burned down my giant tree granting me a well deserved losing game over :lol:

Your noble sacrifice of dignity is great appreciated :wink: Says normal difficulty (whereas chaos and the second dwarf camapign are hard). Maybe do the mini camapign? Also have enemy stuff turned on so you can keep track of breastmen!
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:44 pm

Heh, that was the mini campaign! :-P
I started a Grand Campaign with the Elves and I am doing much better as I don't have a massive scripted invasion to deal with.
I do like how in the mini campaign they take a small part of the map and massively magnify it to make the forest of the elves into the majority of the game map.
I like the elves over all, and find it interesting that they can take over any type of settlement, the fact that their new bases are quasi useless is bothersome. Oh they provide some buff for your forces which is nice, however there is no way you can have enough armies to protect them all. You have to pick one direction to expand in and forge alliances with everyone else in other direction.
So I turned my total attention to the Bretonnians in the south/southwest. After a few set backs I was able to expand in that direction while becoming allies with the dwarves to the east helping them expand. The Bretonnians to the north gave me a bit of trouble but after I secured a non aggression treaty they have behaved.
Chaos have arrived but they are the problems of the Empire, I have my own kingdom of territories that I can barely protect due to the fact that I have far more cities then armies to protect them :P
I really wish I could have more armies but they cost so much to maintain!
I am going to try to wipe out the rest of the Bretonnians next and use the Empire as a buffer while I prepare to fight Chaos.
I need more amber, that is my main problem with the Elf faction, I am constantly low on it, maybe next time I won't upgrade all of my Elf cities so much, so I can save amber for research. I am not bothering to get any of the strong units that cost Amber, seems like a waste.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:05 pm

1) Dwarfs manual descriptions mentions Skavern a lot, given that and the popularity if they aren't added then I think Total War missed an opportunity there

2) I hate dragon gully slayer king version 1. Did it on quest battle (having breezed through 2 in camapign) but surprisingly tough
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:49 pm

I preferred the sense of personality from the slayer king quests, his disgust at some of the tasks and so on, then the High King's quests but done them now. Onto the greenskins, the land of culture and good taste!
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:57 am

Dwarf unique lord Grombrindal downloadable from 19th for anyone (like myself) who hasn't got it by Game Workshop means
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:37 pm

Bee too distracted by dragon age inqusition to do orcs at moment but they are doing battle map editing apparently in future update
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:44 pm

Bretonnia out Feb 28th for free with three legendary lords including a female. One could also buy the "Old World Edition" but that gives you main game, Bretonian's and a novella while next major DLC expansion, and the next Free-LC is due before Christmas.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:17 pm

If Total War Wahammer wins something called "Make War, Not Love", Isabella von Carstein will be added as a Vampire Legendary Lord
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:45 pm

From what I've read, tradition suggest that if they lose she'll probably be made available later for a price.

I'm starting to wonder why there's so many more Vampire Count Legendary Lords compared to the other factions, though. We've got Manny, Kemmler, Vlad, Herman, the Red Duke, and now Isabella, and many people think Krell is coming in soon.

EDIT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lja4TmwwAmQ
Vlad and Isabella have their own faction instead of working for Manny, now. She can recruit Vlad immediately instead of having to unlock him.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:35 pm

I suspected that would be the case

Gray Riders wrote:I'm starting to wonder why there's so many more Vampire Count Legendary Lords compared to the other factions, though. We've got Manny, Kemmler, Vlad, Herman, the Red Duke, and now Isabella, and many people think Krell is coming in soon.

I believed you but went to double check it sounded so odd and yeah, seems a bad move. I imagine Isabella (same one as the handsome one from chaos talks about?) was a wanted add and she does get quite a few mentions but overall it seems badly planned. The other factions have 3 at most of the top of my head and split their factions when it gets more, could that not have been done with the Vampires?
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven