Total War Warhammer

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Total War Warhammer

Unread postby Gray Riders » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:20 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:Sorry that happened to you

At this point I'm leaning towards "give up on heavy modding until the game is finished and won't break them every month". I'll leave the ones I put up already and keep them maintained (one actually hit the "most popular in the past week" today, which surprised me) and updated.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:10 pm

Finished the empire camapign a week or two ago, looking forward to trying the Dwarves
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:48 am

Another "Get a legendry lord, one new lord type, units of renown and new units" for Greenskins and Dwarfs. There is also a dwavern lord if you go to Games Worship/get the magazine but will come out later for Total War players for free next year

They have also done some rejigging of the camapign. Dwarfs have 2 factions, Greenskins 3 and Beastmen 2, reflecting that some of the lords start in a different place and have different goals. Instead of picking a lord, you pick the faction and start off with every legendary lord (who all have their special units which means you can create one very powerful army from the off) rather then one then unlock the rest. Started a new empire camapign so I can do Volkmar quests
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:34 pm

I love that we have Squigs, though the hoppers are disappointing stat-wise. For whatever reason Total Warhammer often ignores the mount so it's basically just the rider attacking; the regular Squigs hit harder, so a Squig is better than a Squig+a gobbo.

Skarsnik looks ludicrously hard without any orcs early on, and a lot of the gobbo special weapons feel like they lost their power from the tabletop in return for being more reliable. Best trick I've seen is tunneling toward Karak Norn on turn 1; the Dwarfs will usually respond in kind so you trade your minor city for their major one; a net gain! :lol:

Also, Wurrzag's new faction can Confederate with the Scabby Eyes on turn 2 about 80% of the time if he hires three new Savage Orc units on the first turn; if not (I think this is usually caused by them hiring new units instead of tunneling north to harass the Border Princes) I find you can often do it on the third if you capture a city and hire three more. What's with Greenskin factions and easy confederation tricks? The regualar Greenskins faction also had that nasty move to take over the Red Fang's on turn two.

What I still really want is all the minor factions playable without having to juggle mods; playing as someone who starts with more than one city was standard in the old days, and it'd be fun to play as Zhufbar or the Border Princes.

Dong Zhou wrote:Instead of picking a lord, you pick the faction and start off with every legendary lord (who all have their special units which means you can create one very powerful army from the off) rather then one then unlock the rest. Started a new empire camapign so I can do Volkmar quests

That's odd; lhe old lgendary lords are still working the same way for me; you have to unlock them and only get the one you picked's starting units.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:24 am

Gray Riders wrote:
Dong Zhou wrote:Instead of picking a lord, you pick the faction and start off with every legendary lord (who all have their special units which means you can create one very powerful army from the off) rather then one then unlock the rest. Started a new empire camapign so I can do Volkmar quests

That's odd; lhe old lgendary lords are still working the same way for me; you have to unlock them and only get the one you picked's starting units.

Squigs are adorable!

That was my bad, I had a mod that never worked and forgotten about work when I started new camapign. Sorry. I'll keep the mod around for uses like this though, not when doing the major camapigns first time though
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:40 am

Done Volkmar, I know it seems silly to have done new camapign just to do his quests rather then quest battles but I enjoy the tasks, the little story builds up. Next step, the dwarfs!

I do like that if when start with a lord, it slightly alters the loading screen description and what the adviser says in the "this is your opening situation" thing. Nothing else changes that I noted in that sense (though each lord has the camapign bonuses)but it is a nice little thing.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:21 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:Done Volkmar, I know it seems silly to have done new camapign just to do his quests rather then quest battles but I enjoy the tasks, the little story builds up. Next step, the dwarfs!

I do like that if when start with a lord, it slightly alters the loading screen description and what the adviser says in the "this is your opening situation" thing. Nothing else changes that I noted in that sense (though each lord has the camapign bonuses)but it is a nice little thing.

I really hate that advisor; he pretty heavily torpedoes the attempts to make the factions feel like they should since some random human being the most important advisor for any non-empire factions feels like such an obvious budget-induced mistake.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:12 pm

They are giving us all heartless gits who would defect to anyone for power someone to love :wink: I do agree it is rather silly to have a humans for all factions
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:02 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:They are giving us all heartless gits who would defect to anyone for power someone to love :wink: I do agree it is rather silly to have a humans for all factions

When I started my first Greenskin campaign and clicked past his whole spiel I pictured Azhag just backhanding him in the face midword with a yell of "shut up 'umie!" :lol:.
Wood Elves incoming:
https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/798896023988998145

Supposedly, some of the leaks suggested new Beastmen units will be coming at the same time. Hopefully the Jabberslythe will be in so Beastmen get a flying monster like they're supposed to have.

Also, Bretonnia will be playable in February:
http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_Wa ... itions_FAQ
I do wonder how they'll handle them. Apparently the most recent edition to give Bretonnia an army book was sixth--back in 2003. From what I've read they'll have a very barebones roser if they don't dip into older editions--Foot Knights in fourth edition, for instance.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:38 am

Gray Riders wrote:Wood Elves incoming:
https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/798896023988998145

I do vaguely remember the wood elves (wasn't there dark elves?), I got the impression they and the Skaven were the most wanted. Looks like an army of mobility+range and their own mini camapign, looks fun.

Gray Riders wrote:Also, Bretonnia will be playable in February:
http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_Wa ... itions_FAQ
I do wonder how they'll handle them. Apparently the most recent edition to give Bretonnia an army book was sixth--back in 2003. From what I've read they'll have a very barebones roser if they don't dip into older editions--Foot Knights in fourth edition, for instance.

I don't think it is a surprise given Bretonnia dominate the west of the map but I had concerns, before you mentioned that they have fallen out of favour, that it would be too similar to the Empire. I know the Lady of the Lake and more knight/cavalry then Empire but have the concern
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven