Total War Warhammer

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Total War Warhammer

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Mon May 15, 2017 2:53 am

It says May 24th 2016..... :P
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Mon May 15, 2017 1:05 pm

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:It says May 24th 2016..... :P

I linked the wrong one, sorry.
https://steamdb.info/app/635350/subs/
This one went up on May 5. No release date on it, so my mistake.

The specuation was that "Old Friend" will release on 24th because it's Total Warhammer's anniversry.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Mon May 15, 2017 3:28 pm

It would be nice for a second Empire faction, while I haven't bought any of the DLC except for the wood elves I have tried to play as all of the free secondary groups. Was wondering why the Empire and the dwarves are the only factions that don't have a second faction.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Mon May 15, 2017 4:41 pm

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:It would be nice for a second Empire faction, while I haven't bought any of the DLC except for the wood elves I have tried to play as all of the free secondary groups. Was wondering why the Empire and the dwarves are the only factions that don't have a second faction.

Dwarfs have a second faction with DLC (and Greenskins get a third).
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Mon May 15, 2017 8:42 pm

Ah, I actually forgot that. I kinda want the Goblin faction but I want to wait for a sale :-p Is the second dwarf faction good?
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Mon May 15, 2017 9:37 pm

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:Ah, I actually forgot that. I kinda want the Goblin faction but I want to wait for a sale :-p Is the second dwarf faction good?

Depends what you mean by "good". :P

They're MUCH harder than the main Dwarf faction--your units receive +50% upkeep penalty, and your Lords +100%, until you capture Karak Eight Peaks, which is guarded by a strong stack glued to the city. The new LL is a very good fighter but has a worse "red" skill tree than generic Dwarf leaders because he doesn't get "Grimnir's Heirs" and only improves Rangers instead of all ranged units like other Dwarf leaders.
It also hurts that whn you play as him the Crooken Moon get a ton of cheats on top of the regular AI cheats (the reverse also applies).
On the plus you start with four high level ghost heroes who are immortal and immune to assassination.

EDIT:
Lizardmen army roster:
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/
Looks like ALL the generic lords and heroes are included this time.

Edit: Apparently some of their units have a "rampage" mechanic where they kill their own men. I guess they made the Lizardmen much stupider than in the TT game. Apparently it's the "feral" dinosaur units, which I do not believe existed in TT.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Gamers’ Haven