Total War Warhammer

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Total War Warhammer

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:08 pm

So the Laboratory update is coming out on Wednesday I believe. It allows you to make custom battles and mess around with the size of armies, gravity, power etc. I hope the video card I ordered shows up before then cause I think my computer would explode if I tried to make giant armies fight each other at the moment :lol:
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:34 pm

There are some oddities (maybe a bug) with direct fire units like Handgunners in game 2. This topic has a video demonstrating
https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/ ... er-1-and-2

Hopefully it will be fixed, it hurts gunpowder units a lot.

EDIT:
Spoopy Skeletons 2: Spoop Harder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpWqKme-g_4

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/tomb-kings-announcement
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:42 pm

That is a trailer that certainly catches the attention, looks like some awesome monsters and by sounds of it, an intresting ay of differing their camapign from the vortex chasers
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Gray Riders » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:36 pm

Tomb King mechanics so far.
https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comme ... eam_today/
Highlights:
*Do not pay for units or upkeep--instead every unit has a cap based off what buildings you have. CA confirmed elsewhere the AI will follow this rule, unlike Amber or the Bretonnian Peasant limit (and I suspect AI Skaven ignore food but can't prove it).
*Needs to unlock new generals.
*Will have Regiments of Renown from the start.
*Arkhan will have access to some Vampire Count units.

Interesting but some of this torpedoed my modding plans to a massive extent. :lol:

The fact it's about tracking down the Books of Nagash makes some wonder if he'll appear in a final Quest Battle.
Nagash is...lengthy to explain. He's one of the most powerful sorcerers/necromancers in history--his magic is probably inferior to Mazdamundi "officially" (he may be better in the actual rules), how he stacks up to Teclis seems to vary by who you ask, but unlike Teclis he's also a physical powerhouse (his tablestop stats means he tears a giant in half in a physical-only fight). He's a MASSIVE point sink in tabletop, and putting him in the game accurately is pretty much impossible in a balanced way unless he's unlocked late in a campaign rather than starting with him.

Nagash had a model and rules back in 4th and 5th edition then vanished until the End Times with a new model. His "classic" one is considered hilariously awful.This page has both his old and new model for comparison.
http://betweenthebolterandme.blogspot.c ... risen.html

EDIT: Okay, there's a good chance nothing will come of this but I feel I should mention Things Might Be Happening.
Older Total War games allowed modders to import new models, which is why we have things like Lord of the Rings mods for them. Warhammer doesn't because Games Workshop doesn't want other properties popping into the game--Warhammer almost didn't have modding because of this but CA was able to convince them.

Anyways, someone found a workaround to add new models into Warhammer. Judging by the response to someone asking people to abide by the spirit of the Modding agreement when we upload we're gonnna get LOTR or Game of Thrones or Warcraft pretty soon, and we'll see what, if anything, GW/CA does. GW are apparnetly notoriously strict and there's worry they might have CA pull official modding support and drop the workshop.
I doubt that will happen but I felt I should let everyone know, since I'm not sure how many--if any--mods the posters here use.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:36 pm

Thanks for the heads up, was important to know
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:32 pm

Tomb King skill arrays:
https://imgur.com/a/dNr3x
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:28 am

I find it interesting that one of the Legendary Lords is anti the other three. If they make Arkhan's game play differently I will be very pleased.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:06 pm

Happy holidays, everyone!
LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:I find it interesting that one of the Legendary Lords is anti the other three. If they make Arkhan's game play differently I will be very pleased.

I suspect his basic gameplay will be the same but he'll probably vary a bit more than the others, if only becaue he can recruit some VC units.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:42 pm

I wonder if that will help or harm him, I am getting a bit of an OP feel from the Tomb Kings, but perhaps they will be more balanced when the game is out. Early videos gave me a similar impression of the Skaven and they were honestly on the weak side when the game came out in my opinion. So perhaps it will be fine in regards to the Tomb Kings.
Units like Fel Bats won't be all that helpful but if he gets some of the heavy hitters it will be interesting.
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:21 pm

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:I wonder if that will help or harm him, I am getting a bit of an OP feel from the Tomb Kings, but perhaps they will be more balanced when the game is out. Early videos gave me a similar impression of the Skaven and they were honestly on the weak side when the game came out in my opinion. So perhaps it will be fine in regards to the Tomb Kings.
Units like Fel Bats won't be all that helpful but if he gets some of the heavy hitters it will be interesting.

I'm expecting AI Tomb Kings to fail badly, actually. A CA dev confirmed they'll have the unit and general limits, so AI Tomb Kings will probably be badly outnumbered by other AI factions and won't be smart eough to fight a player. The AI might have a bonus to the unit limit, I suppose.

I read it's been said he'll mostly get weak VC units but one strong one.

Edit: So data has been founding suggesting the free Skaven lord will be Tretch Craventail. I didn't mention him in my list of possible legendary lords because he's a Hero in the tabletop game, not a lord. He's a member of Clan Rictus, a clan notable for producing very large numbers of Stormvermin. Tretch is really good at surviving what should have been certain death.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven