Total War Warhammer

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Total War Warhammer

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:11 pm

I like the mother but can't say that dark elf trailer excited me, hopefully the roster will.

Looking forward to the DLC
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Gray Riders » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:31 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:I like the mother but can't say that dark elf trailer excited me, hopefully the roster will.

Looking forward to the DLC

Trailer was 85% Malekith.

Speaking of the roster:
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/dark-elf-army-roster/

No generic spellcaster lord, oddly. Possibly we'll get a DLC that adds Archmage for High Elves and Supreme Sorceress (actual lord type) for Dark Elves.
Black Ark Corsairs were a unit I remember a number of people thinking wouldn't be included.

Fun fact; Malekith actually started the war between the Dwarfs and the High Elves, leading to both empire's collapsing into the rundown states they're in today. This is actually related to one of the theories as to the identity of Grombrindal, the White Dwarf:
The last Dwarf High King before he war was Snorri Whitebeard. Snorri and Malekith (beore he turned evil) were said to be very good friends, and as he died, Snorri asked Malekith to take an oath to ensure the two races would remain in harmony. Malekith agreed, but later used "false flag" attacks on Dwarf caravans, leading to the war.
Dwarfs and their gods take oaths and vengeance very seriously. A deathbed oath to a best friend being broken in such a massive way brought Snorri back from the dead as a being of pure vengeance.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:59 am

I like that story, thanks Gray
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:32 pm

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/early-ado ... st-launch/

The interesting thing is that Warhammer 2 race packs won't include mini-campaigns due to the player complaints about them, so instead each pack will include 4 Legendary Lords instead of two.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:50 pm

I kinda like the new direction, while the wood elf campaign was nice I prefer the grand campaign. Having four legendary Lords each with their own sub faction is something that suits me better. I loved playing as the Goblin faction despite the early game being very tough.

Can't wait too try out the new races.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:59 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I161bchiCiY
At about 7:00 there's a brief teaser for the next race pack. Full trailer tomorrow.

https://imgur.com/a/pyafk#AQKETxr
Screencaps.
Worth noting there seems to be both an arrow and a crossbow bolt, there. Not a ton of Warhammer groups who use both in recent editions--it was not too rare in older versions though.
Might just be an arrow from a different angle, though...

EDIT: It's Norsca, as predicted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbrbDa9EBR0
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:26 pm

I wonder how the Norsca faction will work. Will you just be allied with chaos or will they be gunning for you as well. To be honest I am not super excited about it but I can understand them not wanting to release another human faction. I am not a huge fan of chaos.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:38 pm

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:I wonder how the Norsca faction will work. Will you just be allied with chaos or will they be gunning for you as well. To be honest I am not super excited about it but I can understand them not wanting to release another human faction. I am not a huge fan of chaos.

Norscans are human, just ones living in a supernaturally-blighted winterland.

How they work is... a pretty good question. They haven't had an actual tabletop army since as far back as fourth edition (and I'm not sure they had one before that), and the Legendary Lords they're using are both Warriors of Chaos characters.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:57 pm

Was intresting reading their thinking on the changes to DLC. Norsica trialer is fine and like idea of using mammoths but probably the least excited of the warhammer 1 DLC races announcement
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:17 am

Kemmler can now summon Krell has a skill. Rather late in the day to introduce that?
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven