Unsung Story

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Unsung Story

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:27 am

James wrote:Thanks for sharing this here. I hadn't heard about the project until you mentioned it. Sounds like loads of fun and I think Final Fantasy Tactics is one of the best games I've ever played. Added myself as a backer.

I concur with you James regarding Final Fantasy Tactics. It ranks near the top considering games I've played on consoles or PC.

In regard to this project, it looks good and it would be great if it is accomplished. I will consider being a backer.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kong Wen » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:23 pm

Zhuanyong wrote:In regard to this project, it looks good and it would be great if it is accomplished. I will consider being a backer.

You've only got about 10 hours left to consider. :)

Also, it reached its base funding goal last night, so it will be made for PC platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux) and mobile platforms.

The next stretch goal (for translation/localization by Smith & Reeder) is currently about $130k away.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:49 am

I really cant imagine this not on the 3DS and Vita. With the right publisher this game could easily make a killing on the handhelds and XBL and PSN.
Oh my my, oh hell yes, your gettin buried in your party dress.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kong Wen » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:41 pm

Separation Anxiety wrote:I really cant imagine this not on the 3DS and Vita. With the right publisher this game could easily make a killing on the handhelds and XBL and PSN.

While a launch-day 3DS & Vita version is probably out of the question given the current funding levels, I can definitely see them porting the game to multiple platforms after it's been released and earned some money.
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Jordan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:34 pm

I love the realistic medieval European art style for this game. The premise and credentials of the people behind it sound promising too.

Had I seen this a few months ago, I would have backed it. But my faith in Kickstarter has been eroded because it was recently hacked. After that incident, I don't feel like using credit card information on that site (even if that particular information was allegedly not compromised). In fact, I've been highly reticent to use credit card and personal information in general when it comes to online sites. Hacking has become way too common.

I hope this does well regardless and I'd consider getting it whenever it does come out! The triangular grid system looks a bit confusing to me when looked at from a bird's eye view of the player. If the tiles light up when you select a unit, it will probably make more sense.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kong Wen » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:58 pm

Jordan wrote:I love the realistic medieval European art style for this game. The premise and credentials of the people behind it sound promising too.

I hope this does well regardless and I'd consider getting it whenever it does come out! The triangular grid system looks a bit confusing to me when looked at from a bird's eye view of the player. If the tiles light up when you select a unit, it will probably make more sense.

There's a chance the art style will change when the project gets underway, as those concept pieces were done by Playdek's in-house artist before Yoshida came on board. Yoshida's art has really matured since the FFT days (does anyone here have the art book that came with the Bravely Default collector's edition?), by which I mean his style has has grown in detail and finesse while maintaining what makes it unique.

The triangular grid is really just a perspectival trick on traditional hex-based grids. That's probably what makes it a bit more confusing than it really is, as your eye tends to try to pick out the hexagons rather than trace the lines, but I'm sure they'll illuminate the tiles in the final product.
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Previous

Return to Gamers’ Haven