How have your gaming habits changed over the years?

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: How have your gaming habits changed over the years?

Unread postby Iain » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:05 am

I seem to only play and re-play older games now, I lack the drive to jump on each new mega game as it comes out, I haven't played the last two Resident Evil games and one time I used to wait with baited breath for each new one, I even bought a Dreamcast so I could play Code Veronica since it was system exclusive back then.

I'm a big Final Fantasy fan from years ago but the celebration one that just came out doesn't really interest me and I am not even sure I will try FF15 when it finally comes. Skyrim held my attention for just two weeks whereas Morrowind years ago had me addicted for months.

I guess I'm just getting old and set in my ways.
Iain
Lord of Nanchang

Re: How have your gaming habits changed over the years?

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:11 am

Moved the PS4 into the family room to take advantage of the big TV, having a smartphone has changed things a bit, noticed how much more I'm using online stories (origin, PSN, steam extra) rather then buying hard copies of games now, how much DLC value and pre-order bonuses are changing the way I buy

In terms of games, less JRPG's, hack and slashes, strategy and shooteers then before. My games tend to RPG's, action/platforming, co-op games nowadays
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Previous

Return to Gamers’ Haven