Board Game Finished Designing

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Board Game Finished Designing

Unread postby Natelusk » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:01 pm

I have a playable version of my 3 Kingdoms board game, HUANG, in playtesting right now. Once I am finished play testing, I will submit it to manufacturers for consideration. Along this line, I need funding to help me travel to manufacturers. I will be putting the game up on kickstarter.com soon. Please come check it out. And by the way, the game has ALL the major characters from 3 kingdoms in it, employable as generals. It is a 6 player game, with the leaders as follows: Yuan Shao, Liu Biao, Dong Zhuo, Cao Cao, Liu Bei, and Sun Jian.

It is a fun, nuanced design, that requires good strategy and management to win. Holding cities creates finances from which you can employ generals and equip items, horses, etc. Random events take place periodically, drawn from a deck of cards at the beginning of each turn. All the cards are designed, and I even have very nice printed versions of them that make the game feel really nice.

The kickstarter funding is needed so I can make playing pieces, pay my graphic designer, and travel to manufacturers. Thanks for your interest.
Natelusk
Apprentice

Re: Board Game Finished Designing

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:09 am

Where are you based? If you’re in the USA I've got a contact in the board game market I could put you in touch with? He works with people who are making their first board game and helps them get in touch with manufactures etc.

His very experienced having worked with Pictionary and Trivial Pursuit!
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Natelusk » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:42 am

That would be great. I have actually pivoted already, and I'm doing a kickstarter campaign for a collectible card game instead, still based on Three Kingdoms, though. Once it takes off, I will refocus on the board game, and get it going. Please let me know who your contact is.

Sun Fin wrote:Where are you based? If you’re in the USA I've got a contact in the board game market I could put you in touch with? He works with people who are making their first board game and helps them get in touch with manufactures etc.

His very experienced having worked with Pictionary and Trivial Pursuit!
Natelusk
Apprentice

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:30 pm

It's my uncle, I'm going to stay with him in a few weeks so we can arrange something then :).
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Return to Gamers’ Haven