SoSZ Sim City Region

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

SoSZ Sim City Region

Unread postby Ranbir » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:54 am

Once Sim City is unlocked for me (tomorrow)

I am thinking of setting up a large private region for us to socially co-operate (and partly compete). Not just thinking, I will, obviously.

If anyone has or will eventually get Sim City, give me a buzz and we can create a new world together!
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Re: SoSZ Sim City Region

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:35 am

Good luck actually playing the game. That launch was botched worse than the Diablo 3 launch. Always on DRM never works. This is one instance where it actually is encouraging piracy. Most of my friends are waiting on the crack rather than wait on a flawed system after paying 60 bucks.
Oh my my, oh hell yes, your gettin buried in your party dress.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ranbir » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:10 pm

Been playing since release.

QQ more.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby DragonAtma » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:45 pm

Separation Anxiety wrote:Good luck actually playing the game. That launch was botched worse than the Diablo 3 launch. Always on DRM never works. This is one instance where it actually is encouraging piracy. Most of my friends are waiting on the crack rather than wait on a flawed system after paying 60 bucks.

Corporate idiocy like that is why I absolutely refuse to buy any games from EA.

Or ubisoft, for that matter.
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.

In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Aaron.K » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:08 pm

DragonAtma wrote:Or ubisoft, for that matter.

Ubisoft has basically changed their ways as far as I can tell. You can play their PC games (I don't have too many experiences with them, but Far Cry 3 at least), without having to always be online, and they have made a deal with Good Old Games in releasing a lot of their older games (many of which had some ridiculous DRM on them), completely DRM free and at some fairly decent prices to boot. These days, Ubisoft is significantly better than what it used to be which is saying a lot. I'm still bitter about what they did to the Silent Hunter series though... But that's another argument entirely.
"Don't trust anyone. Never sit with your back to an entrance. Wear shoes with reversed footprints."
Aaron.K
Sage

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:02 pm

Ranbir wrote:Been playing since release.

QQ more.

You may be one of the lucky ones. This release was so terrible that they are giving away free games to people who bought it and they have asked their affiliates to remove linked ads to buy the game. For a while Amazon had taken down the ability to purchase digital copies, i dont know whether that is still the case. But the fact remains, this game is among the worst launches i have ever seen. It easily trumps diablo and its pushing to be worse than most botched MMO launches, and that truly is saying something.
Oh my my, oh hell yes, your gettin buried in your party dress.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Return to Gamers’ Haven