Official Playstation Topic

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Official Playstation Topic

Unread postby Korin » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:23 pm

Alright, I searched for another but couldn't find, so here we are.

Anyways, PS4 got announced.

http://imgur.com/a/U5g5P

Pictures of the current design for the controller for now...
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Official Playstation Topic

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:06 am

Not yet excited, it will be the games they have that will get me interested. I would love to know if the likes of Bioshock, Last of Us and GTA will be released as PS4 games as well as PS3 games
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Aygor » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:45 am

I am not interested in the ps4, the only thing that might interest me is the possibility that the ps3 will get cheaper..
For 70-80€ I might grab one to "upgrade" my ps2.
Last edited by Aygor on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
分久必合,合久必分
Ἀτύφως μὲν λαβεῖν, εὐλύτως δὲ ἀφεῖναι
Aygor
Langzhong

Unread postby Korin » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:28 pm

At hold right now--GTA V isn't for next-gen at the moment--I hope it is tho, since I don't wanna just stream it thru the cloud when I get a PS4--(which probably won't be for a while..I say sometime in 2014 most likely, since I want to use my PS3 to the full potential it has left before moving on).

Crossing fingers that R* decides to do next-gen, but I'm trying not to have my hopes up, but we'll see... no sense talking about this anymore, because I rather see it happen instead of chatting away about it.

Last of Us is obviously a final this-gen game before next-gen arrives, I hardly see it coming out on PS4 but I wish it would, probably only thru the cloud like I mentioned above. So I hope more news is at E3 this year so I can see more about the PS4 before I keep judging about it.

PS4 atm should be around 400-450$ from the rumors I've been seeing, but we'll see the final price announced soon I hope, probably at E3.
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Elitemsh » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:55 am

I'm actually not happy about the PS4 being announced. I think it's too early for next generation consoles. People talk about how developers haven't gotten the most out of the PS3 yet. If it was up to me, PS4 and its like would be released in about 2-3 years. Obviously competition prevents this from happening.
''I've never fought for anyone but myself. I've got no purpose in life. No ultimate goal. It's only when I'm cheating death on the battlefield. The only time I feel truly alive.'' ~Solid Snake
Elitemsh
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:47 am

Dong Zhou wrote:Not yet excited, it will be the games they have that will get me interested. I would love to know if the likes of Bioshock, Last of Us and GTA will be released as PS4 games as well as PS3 games

All PS3 games and earlier consoles will supposedly be able to be playable on the 4.

Honestly not that excited for the PS4. Doesnt really look like anything new or innovative. Just looks like its a bump in graphics. Might as well just go for a Sony PC if they are just gonna make something capable of better graphics.
Oh my my, oh hell yes, your gettin buried in your party dress.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Elitemsh » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:04 pm

Separation Anxiety wrote:All PS3 games and earlier consoles will supposedly be able to be playable on the 4.

I thought the opposite was true. I remember reading something like no backwards compatibility due to different engine or something like that (I'm not tech savvy).
''I've never fought for anyone but myself. I've got no purpose in life. No ultimate goal. It's only when I'm cheating death on the battlefield. The only time I feel truly alive.'' ~Solid Snake
Elitemsh
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:50 pm

I had heard you had to buy and download the Ps3 games but the ones we currently have, the hard copies, won't work?
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Korin » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:15 pm

Backward compatibility

The PlayStation 4 hardware will not include the ability to natively play past PlayStation console retail and digital games, including PlayStation 3 titles. Sony is, however, considering emulation or cloud-based streaming as a workaround.

Sony is planning to launch a cloud-based streaming service through Gaikai, a company acquired by Sony in July 2012. The service will render older PlayStation games and stream them to the PS4.

It's possible sometime in the future--that backwards compatibility for hard copies may come into question, but for now we have only this which I quoted.

I doubt you have to buy them again, but we'll see what happens when more news arises.
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:59 pm

Something in the current PS3 generation that I have been sad to see go is games having free downloadable themes/wall papers. Still got some of my Bioshock ones and realized I haven't downloaded one for a long long time
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Return to Gamers’ Haven