What? No Skyrim thread?

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: What? No Skyrim thread?

Unread postby Adam » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:57 pm

Mikhail wrote:Am I the only one playing this on a console (PS3)?

Both Kristina and I are playing console versions, I'm on PS3 and I believe she is as well.

Hm, according to other people's descriptions, "weightless armor" just means "armor doesn't affect your sneak rate".

The light armor perk makes it weigh nothing as does the heavy armor perk, it actually says so directly in the description - "Light Armor weighs nothing and doesn't slow you down when worn."...unless it's bugged I have no idea what those people are thinking.
-亚当
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Nazne » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:04 pm

Adam wrote:The light armor perk makes it weigh nothing as does the heavy armor perk, it actually says so directly in the description - "Light Armor weighs nothing and doesn't slow you down when worn."...unless it's bugged I have no idea what those people are thinking.

Well, see - I have the perk. And my armor, light or heavy, still weighs exactly the same in inventory and adds to encumbrance as normal. Thus, either it's bugged or it only affects sneak rate. Do you have the perk and does your armor turn weightless? I'd be really annoyed if it's just my PC version.

Bryan wrote:Does anyone know of a house where the decorations might include some of the other crafting equipment, other than an alchemist's table and a cooking pot? Maybe one has a basement with an enchanters table and a forge, or something? My luck, they're all identical.

As for a house, I'm not certain -I would hope that higher-level houses (like Solitude's or Windhelm's) give you the option for an enchanter, but so far the wiki hasn't mentioned anything of the sort. :|
先主復領益州牧,諸葛亮為股肱,法正為謀主,關羽、張飛、馬超為爪牙,許靖、麋竺、簡雍為賓友。
- 蜀书二 先主传
Nazne
Master

Unread postby Adam » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:06 pm

Nazne wrote:Well, see - I have the perk. And my armor, light or heavy, still weighs exactly the same in inventory and adds to encumbrance as normal. Thus, either it's bugged or it only affects sneak rate. Do you have the perk and does your armor turn weightless? I'd be really annoyed if it's just my PC version.

Must be a bug, I don't see why they'd place a sneak related skill in the light armor tree since the skill tree isn't thief/assassin only and would make it pretty useless for mages etc...although I suppose it's possible.

Don't have it myself, I've been mostly putting points into sneak, lockpicking, speech and one handed weapons, so I dunno if it effects the PS3 version as well.

On another note; I'm a bit irritated having to spec into speech just to invest in a shop to increase their gold limit so I don't have to spend days waiting to sell all my stuff at the stores...anyone find a general store that carries more than about 700-800 gold at one time?

Edit: Also, has anyone found a smelter besides the one in Markarth?

Edit 2: Waking Nightmare is also bugged, when you enter the door yer supposed to go through the NPC can appear in completely the wrong location leaving you stuck in a room you can only exit back to Skyrim from. Supposedly if you walk in prior to the NPC this will not occur.
-亚当
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Bryan » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:07 pm

Adam wrote:On another note; I'm a bit irritated having to spec into speech just to invest in a shop to increase their gold limit so I don't have to spend days waiting to sell all my stuff at the stores...anyone find a general store that carries more than about 700-800 gold at one time?
A general store? No, not really. I have found that my character's wife (Aela), is a pretty nice general store that averages around 1000 gold for the most part.

Adam wrote:Edit: Also, has anyone found a smelter besides the one in Markarth?
There's one in Whiterun, behind the forge by Warmaiden's... want to say I've seen others, but I can't honestly. I pretty much fast travel to Whiterun whenever I want to forge something.
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
Discover Tolkien!
Bryan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Adam » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:08 am

Bryan wrote:There's one in Whiterun, behind the forge by Warmaiden's... want to say I've seen others, but I can't honestly. I pretty much fast travel to Whiterun whenever I want to forge something.

Wow, how did I miss that? It's pretty bloody obvious now that I've found it...I thought I had searched that area before but I guess I just managed to miss it. o.o

On another note; smithing is just too easy to level...the lowbie iron dagger recipe gives the same amount of skill at high levels as the Dwarven stuff...so there's almost no reason to make anything other than that 'til you get max.
-亚当
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Nazne » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:54 am

Adam wrote:Must be a bug, I don't see why they'd place a sneak related skill in the light armor tree since the skill tree isn't thief/assassin only and would make it pretty useless for mages etc...although I suppose it's possible.

Okay, now I feel stupid. I just compared wearing light armor encumbrance with not wearing - turns out "weightless" only applies to the armor you wear and not the armor you pick up. Which...I guess could have been more obvious.

On another note, I now have Epic Dragon Scale armor. Unfortunately, there's no Dragon weaponry - I wonder if I can go from Dragon to Daedric? brb

EDIT: Can't. DAMMIT.
先主復領益州牧,諸葛亮為股肱,法正為謀主,關羽、張飛、馬超為爪牙,許靖、麋竺、簡雍為賓友。
- 蜀书二 先主传
Nazne
Master

Unread postby Bryan » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:48 am

Nazne wrote:Okay, now I feel stupid. I just compared wearing light armor encumbrance with not wearing - turns out "weightless" only applies to the armor you wear and not the armor you pick up. Which...I guess could have been more obvious.

On another note, I now have Epic Dragon Scale armor. Unfortunately, there's no Dragon weaponry - I wonder if I can go from Dragon to Daedric? brb

EDIT: Can't. DAMMIT.
I, uh... actually do not like the look of the Dragonscale armor. At all. Will probably just stick with my Ebony now that I put some time into it.

Also, for those on the PS3, have you been running into this issue?
http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/t ... n-of-npcs/
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
Discover Tolkien!
Bryan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mikhail » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:14 pm

Bryan wrote:Also, for those on the PS3, have you been running into this issue?

Not yet for me. My file is almost about 7mb and I'm still good. There is a possibility of some lag, but it's not super noticeable on me.

I've decided to stop focusing on pure magic and go all-around, which probably wont be the smartest thing. A spellsword of sorts. Plus going all-around is probably the smartest thing to do if I'm not doing any non-combat skills to train aside from like, lockpicking.
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Adam » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:06 pm

Okay, now I feel stupid. I just compared wearing light armor encumbrance with not wearing - turns out "weightless" only applies to the armor you wear and not the armor you pick up. Which...I guess could have been more obvious.

Wow, that kinda makes the perk even more useless...I don't think light armor is heavy enough to make only the worn items being weightless of use...bleh.

Also, for those on the PS3, have you been running into this issue?

Loading times have been ridiculous for me since I first started playing...lag only seems to come if I've been playing for a long period and then wander into rain or snow...usually by then it's late and I turn it off for the night anyway, never have a problem when I start playing the next day until the PS3 has been on several hours...I think people are playing for extended amounts of time and/or not turning off their PS3 and then trying to blame it on something else.
-亚当
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mikhail » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:47 pm

Finally got a dragon kill with a critical hit. I've been mage-ing for the early part of my game so I couldn't before. This time, I equipped my Chillrend and it was just pure awesome.

I'm about halfway through the main quest and and I just did a bunch of thieves guild quests. The Nightingale armour is incredible looking. Very sith lord like.
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven