Apple Apps Games

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Apple Apps Games

Unread postby Starscream » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:47 pm

I just wonder how many of us play games on the iPod, iPhone or iPad. These are usually mini games to catch your attention for weeks and rarely months, unless you're an addict. My brain capacity of games has shrunk significantly as I study and work all these years so I'm contented with simple stuff of late.

Currently I'm playing Exitium, The Saviours of Vardonia. It's a pretty decent RPG which is very easy to pick up. You can choose to play as a berserker, mage, paladin or priestess and the stories of these 4 characters are intertwined. Due to the friendliness of the game, it's almost impossible to die unless you're a complete noob. The most noticeable minus point about this app is that it drains battery power very quickly. :mrgreen:

There are other games that were previously built for PCs found in the Appstore and my favourites are those hidden object games with storyline by Big Fish. I reckon such games are simply perfect for a handheld device as they are simple and yet they come with excellent graphics and music.

If you're an apps gamer also, do share the games you play too.
”太慢了。“
Starscream
Decepticon Air Commander

Re: Apple Apps Games

Unread postby James » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:48 pm

Pretty much all of my gaming, these days, takes place on my iPhone or iPad (I'm part of the problem which has started to truly scare executives from Nintendo and Sony). I've always got some game or another which I'm playing on the devices. Mostly, I like to play RPGs on them, though I also play some basic strategy games.

Favorite RPGs have included re-released classics like Secret of Mana and Final Fantasy Tactics. I've very much enjoyed some original titles like Galaxy on Fire II and Space Miner. At various points, I've jailbroken my iPhone and used emulators to play old favorites like Final Fantasy VI or even my Cao Cao mod of Destiny of an Emperor. Mostly, I like to play simpler games, like Sudoku (I use 'Enjoy Sudoku', aka. ':) Sudoku +'), Minesweeper (Boom Minesweeper), Words With Friends, Word Warp, and Cut the Rope. Lately I've been experimenting with Edge EX and World of Goo.

My Game Center name is 'Bruin'. :)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Starscream » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:27 am

I've been tempted to jailbreak my phone several times since the warranty period has already expired but just too lazy to do it. Since the recent iOS5 update, I get a weird feeling that my phone conserves power better than before even though this was not one of the announced features of the new update. Not sure if others experience the same?? :shock:

Currently playing Dragon Vale. Objective is to breed and crossbreed dragons and keep them happy in a decorated themepark. Need a lot of patience, otherwise game cash is the only shortcut! This is when jailbreaking will come in handy.... :devil:
”太慢了。“
Starscream
Decepticon Air Commander

Unread postby Mikhail » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:20 am

My favourite game on my iPad is Super Stickman Golf.

It's just a simple physics game where you have to get a ball in the hole. The courses are very cleverly designed and are very oddly shaped. Regardless, its simple and fun, just what a game on an iPad should be.
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Starscream » Wed May 02, 2012 2:47 pm

Right now I am playing Cytus, a hit-the-beat music game. Most of the pieces are from the Japanese rock? Goth? Eurobeat? Visual Kei? Genre and I am thoroughly enjoying the game for its visuals and music. I love songs that have "feel" in their rhythm so tapping along a good piece of music is really fun. :mrgreen:
”太慢了。“
Starscream
Decepticon Air Commander

Return to Gamers’ Haven