Elder Scrolls Sithis Debate

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Elder Scrolls Sithis Debate

Unread postby Lou Bert » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:22 pm

Every web site ive been on so far has debates about the Darks Brotherhood's Dread Father/God Sithis?

Is he a real being or a void even a cosmic force?...but a freind of mine what ive known for a bit over a year who
i met through one of my freinds is a relative of some one who has worked on all of the games so far and he say's
that Sithis has been a big talk topic for Bethesda company lately, they have considered making him based of the idear
from the book in the game Anu and his brother this is how it goes.....
When Anu and his brother fell out of known space into the void/nothingness and died ones blood created the stars and the
others created the Deadra(sorry about spelling) when their blood mixed together it also created Sithis a being what can
rival a god what do you think?

Is Sithis was a Living being what would you think he will look like and what would he be?
Lou Bert
Student

Re: Elder Scrolls Sithis Debate

Unread postby Tigger of Kai » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:44 pm

Wow! Dunno what exactly he is, though I sure did a lot of killing for him. :) I remember in the last game, the Night Mother was revealed to be real, so it's logical that that would give rise to questions about Sithis. The backstory is really among my favorite things about the TES games. I read all the books I find in-game, and often look them up online. Oh to be a fly on the wall for those Bethesda discussions you mentioned!
Mithril! The dwarves tell no tales. But just as it was the foundation of their wealth, so also it was their destruction. They delved too greedily and too deep, and disturbed that from which they fled.
Tigger of Kai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TooMuchBaijiu » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:52 am

I think there's a download on Oblivion (Vile Lair, I think?) that features Sithis. I think he's as real as any of the Daedra.

Tigger of Kai wrote:look them up online. Oh to be a fly on the wall for those Bethesda discussions you mentioned!

God, I love and hate that wiki. So informative...especially when it comes to critical plot details.
I don't write fanfic, but if I did it would involve Zhou Yu and Zheng He fighting to win the heart of Lai Choi San. Then I'd make them join forces to fight Ming the Merciless, who secretly works for Master Li. I'd squeeze Lu Bu in there somehow.
TooMuchBaijiu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:53 pm

TooMuchBaijiu wrote:I think there's a download on Oblivion (Vile Lair, I think?) that features Sithis. I think he's as real as any of the Daedra.

Yeah, I have Vile Lair (it and all the DLC sans Battlehorn, which wasn't out at the time, came in a boxed set) and there is atleast something real about Sithis--the lair features what is more or less an evil version of the Nine Divine shrines dedicated to him, giving you stat restorations and increasingly powerful buffs the more evil you are.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tigger of Kai » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:25 am

Yeah the shrine has a statue with a robed figure, completely skeletal, with his face bandaged. Unlike the Daedra Princes he never talks to you, even when you "activate" his shrine. So maybe he's supposed to be more akin to the Nine Divines, acting through his followers, appearing to them in dreams, etc.

btw I got the Steam version with all expansions included and I'm really pleased with how much they add to the game. I love them all, except horse armor lol.
Mithril! The dwarves tell no tales. But just as it was the foundation of their wealth, so also it was their destruction. They delved too greedily and too deep, and disturbed that from which they fled.
Tigger of Kai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Return to Gamers’ Haven