A Friend's Project

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

A Friend's Project

Unread postby Lou Bert » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:32 pm

A friend of mine has benn working on a 3 year project to creat his own game his done the art work
for the levels and characters and created a story line and character bio's.

I have seen some of the stuff my self but what struck me is that he combined to of his favourite
Gaming series way of the Samurai 3 and Star Wars, Imagine way of the Samurai 3 but the area's
you travel to,the characters,the time period and all of the swords are different type of Light Sabers.
He wanted to send his finished work to a company to see if they will make it into a game with premission from the creators of the Star Wars and Way of the Samurai series of course.

I wanted to know what do you Think?
Lou Bert
Student

Re: A Friend's Project

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:54 am

I dont think it will get very far. Not many studios even have the ability to make star wars games. Even if he did send a fully finished and extremely high quality game it would be a legal nightmare to publish the game. Honestly, i doubt most companies would even let it get past a receptionist. I know it sounds bad but its really nothing against your friend. I could be in possession of a 100% fully functional copy of what could be the next Call Of Duty game and i would not be able to get it published because i dont work for the company making it.
Oh my my, oh hell yes, your gettin buried in your party dress.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Return to Gamers’ Haven