30 Days of Games!!

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: 30 Days of Games!!

Unread postby Catalyst » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:04 am

Starcraft will always be a part of me. I know the whole story by heart. I know the backstory and characters. I know the feel of the game, I play it like an extension of my own body and mind. It's the game that got me into gaming. It's the game that I always try to challenge. It's the game that will always be my own. This is definitely my favorite game of all time.
Catalyst
Apostle of Peace

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:36 am

there are many great games out there but only one really holds a very special place in my heart for many reasons. That game is Dynasty Warriors 3. I love that game more than any other game to date and probably ever will. :D Image
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:41 am

Call me a fanboy but, my favorite of all-time is most likely Final Fantasy VII.

I might be able to say that Final Fantasy Tactics finishes in a veeeerrry close second but, I think if I had to pick just one VII would be it.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TooMuchBaijiu » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:07 am

It's what brought me here.
I don't write fanfic, but if I did it would involve Zhou Yu and Zheng He fighting to win the heart of Lai Choi San. Then I'd make them join forces to fight Ming the Merciless, who secretly works for Master Li. I'd squeeze Lu Bu in there somehow.
TooMuchBaijiu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby devtherev » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:18 am

I'm pretty sure this is my faviroute of all time...But i'm not 100% sure.

On a seperate note 30 days gone already? :(
devtherev
Scholar

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:28 am

Day 28: No idea

Day 29: Maybe FFX but can't quite recall what I thought beforehand. Certainly Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1, I had gone in expecting to feel like Medal of Honour games, ok but not my thing. It wowed me with it's story and it's gameplay quality

Day 30: MGS or FFX
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:54 am

Day 29: Warriors Orochi. It had received mixed reviews by people I knew and I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy it without an understanding of the samuari characters. Loved it though.

Day 30: Pokemon FireRed. For me the re-makes of the original were as good as gaming gets.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Marc » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:29 pm

Once again...
Lost count of the number of times I've played through this. Every class, damn near every kit, every companion, every quest, then back again for a ton of mods...I've never gotten tired of it, and I don't think I ever will.
Roses are red, violets are blue,
Omae wa mo shindeiru
Marc
Robot In Disguise
Robot In Disguise

Unread postby Elitemsh » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:47 pm

Well there have been a lot of great games over the years but this one is probably my best of all time (at least at the moment):

All the metal gear solid games were great but this one was the most memorable for me.
''I've never fought for anyone but myself. I've got no purpose in life. No ultimate goal. It's only when I'm cheating death on the battlefield. The only time I feel truly alive.'' ~Solid Snake
Elitemsh
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Gamers’ Haven