Batman Arkham City

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Batman Arkham City

Unread postby DynastyWarriors6 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:55 am

The sequel to possibly one of the best Batman games ever looks really good and at least Kevin Connory is doing the voice, for me he is the only person worth of doing the voice of Batman. This game should be released in fall or a little late possibly.

Here's the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-afTJDu2lA&NR=1
DynastyWarriors6
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Batman Arkham City

Unread postby Qu Hui » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:59 am

You know, there is a thread for upcoming games located here, and it is probably wiser to post there rather than clutter the Haven with threads that will most likely only get a few responses.
My avatar is Roy from Fire Emblem: Binding Blade, as he appears in Fire Emblem: Awakening
Quote of the "Day": "The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." -Neil Gaiman
Qu Hui
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DynastyWarriors6 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:03 am

Qu Hui wrote:You know, there is a thread for upcoming games located here, and it is probably wiser to post there rather than clutter the Haven with threads that will most likely only get a few responses.

Considering I've done this before I'm just going to assume everything is fine, anyways other people do it as well. So I wouldn't really worry about it.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20880&start=0
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21126
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21134
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18064
DynastyWarriors6
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:15 pm

Qu Hui wrote:You know, there is a thread for upcoming games located here, and it is probably wiser to post there rather than clutter the Haven with threads that will most likely only get a few responses.

There's no harm in creating a dedicated topic for a game if a member thinks there's enough interest in that game for a discussion to take place. And if not, it just vanishes into the forum's history and potentially gets pruned. No biggie. :)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:17 am

I will be buying this game for sure. Sadly for as good as a game this is sure to be, its 4th in my want to playlist behind Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, and Star Wars Old Republic.
Oh my my, oh hell yes, your gettin buried in your party dress.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Stallion Fury » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:51 pm

I've heard rumours of Robin going to star in this game, hopefully that's true. :D

The trailer looks awesome, curious as to how they're gonna have Batman actually fight Hugo. Looking forward to the gameplay features.
Stallion Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DynastyWarriors6 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:16 pm

Sadly this will be Mark Hamills last time of doing the voice of Joker possibly forever, so they better dam well make it a good game.

Here's the article:
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/27/mark- ... an-arkham/
DynastyWarriors6
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Adam » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:32 pm

DynastyWarriors6 wrote:Sadly this will be Mark Hamills last time of doing the voice of Joker possibly forever, so they better dam well make it a good game.

Bleh.
I don't think I can deal with anyone else playing the Joker (in the animated world anyway)...hopefully they somehow pull him back in or just plain don't use the Joker for any other games/animated junk (at least for a decade or so)...I remember playing or watching something with another Joker in it and all the time I was wishing Mark was the one doing the damn voice and not some other guy trying to imitate Mark's version.

Sad part is I didn't find out it was Mark doing that voice until the mid 2000's when he was on Howard Stern.

I'm going to have to go cry over this.
-亚当
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tigger of Kai » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:59 am

According to Hamill, he was reticent to take up the mantle for the sequel...However, once Rocksteady told Hamill of its intentions for the sequel -- swearing him to secrecy in the process -- he agreed to reprise the role, though he's adamant this will be the last time. "This will be my last, there's no question about that," said Hamill, "but it's the last hurrah."

I'll believe that when I don't see it. That b— has never turned down a job in his life.
Mithril! The dwarves tell no tales. But just as it was the foundation of their wealth, so also it was their destruction. They delved too greedily and too deep, and disturbed that from which they fled.
Tigger of Kai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Marc » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:30 am

Obligatory:
Mark Hamill. Dun dun dun!

I'm really looking forward to this game. Everything I've heard so far makes me optimistic - even if the game is just a slightly improved Arkham Asylum, I will be perfectly happy with that.
Roses are red, violets are blue,
Omae wa mo shindeiru
Marc
Robot In Disguise
Robot In Disguise

Next

Return to Gamers’ Haven