Dragon Age 2

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Dragon Age 2

Unread postby DynastyWarriors6 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:45 pm

Well the trailer looks sick and you get to play in a whole new area with brand new characters except Flementh maybe a playable character as well in the game. She is voicing the trailer after all.

Here's the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xx0pU-B_yA
DynastyWarriors6
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Dragon Age 2

Unread postby TigerGeneral6 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:02 pm

Yeah it sure does look awesome! The fight choreography in the trailer is great. I hope they upgrade the fighting a bit though, although i loved Dragon Age i thought the fights became a little repative.

I'll definately be buying this the day its out. :mrgreen:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Fear Denies Faith
TigerGeneral6
Assistant

Unread postby Elitemsh » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:34 am

I am hoping they include the option of using a spear/pike/halberd in this one. They have swords, daggers, shields and bows and arrows. This is the one classic weapon they are missing. It should be included.
''I've never fought for anyone but myself. I've got no purpose in life. No ultimate goal. It's only when I'm cheating death on the battlefield. The only time I feel truly alive.'' ~Solid Snake
Elitemsh
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kongming's Prodigy » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:01 am

From the looks of it, Dragon Age 2 will be what Mass Effect 2 was to Mass Effect...dumbed down for a more arcade-like experience.

Hawke will be human only. :x

Hawke will be voiced. :x

Combat will be more action-oriented. :x

RIP CRPG...
[Current System]
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.63 GHz
EVGA Geforce GTX 770 @ 1241/3906 MHz
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Motherboard
6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 Triple Channel
500GB Hitachi 7200RPM
700W Cooler Master UCP
Cooler Master HAF 922 Chassis
Kongming's Prodigy
The Dragon Awakened

Unread postby Mestre Will » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:22 pm

Kongming's Prodigy wrote:From the looks of it, Dragon Age 2 will be what Mass Effect 2 was to Mass Effect...dumbed down for a more arcade-like experience.

Hawke will be human only. :x

Hawke will be voiced. :x

Combat will be more action-oriented. :x

RIP CRPG...

How did you know it?
Knowledge is achieved with time, but Intelligence is born with it or without it. - Mestre Will
Mestre Will
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jake » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:47 pm

I was pretty hyped about the whole thing when the first bits of information came out to the depths of the internet but... the more I hear about the game the more it makes me feel less excited about the game itself.

So did I get this right, the main character isn't one that you can yourself create? I don't have a problem playing with a pre-made character but the character creation has that own something in it.
Puhkon silmäni, että näkisin
En tahdo nähdä, mutta näen sen väkisin
Runtelen korvani, jotta kuulisin
En ymmärrä, mutta kuulen sen väkisin
Jake
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kongming's Prodigy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:23 am

Mestre Will wrote:How did you know it?

Bioware Social Forums, where the developers often answer people's questions. The evidence is scattered in bits and pieces, however.

Jake wrote:I was pretty hyped about the whole thing when the first bits of information came out to the depths of the internet but... the more I hear about the game the more it makes me feel less excited about the game itself.

So did I get this right, the main character isn't one that you can yourself create? I don't have a problem playing with a pre-made character but the character creation has that own something in it.

Hawke is supposed to be a historically significant character in the Dragon Age universe, and not a nobody like your PC in DA1. Nevertheless, character creation is still there, letting you choose gender, appearance, and class. The big thing they took out was race, which I assume was too much trouble to implement, considering DA2's tighter focus on narrative (hence also why Hawke will be voiced).

Here is an interesting article regarding Bioware's response to all the Dragon Age 2 hate, hahaha.

I'm sure DA2 will be a great game, just like Mass Effect 2 was, and I'm sure I'll have a love-hate relationship with it, just like with ME2. I just hate seeing the death of the traditional western RPG...
Last edited by Kongming's Prodigy on Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Current System]
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.63 GHz
EVGA Geforce GTX 770 @ 1241/3906 MHz
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Motherboard
6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 Triple Channel
500GB Hitachi 7200RPM
700W Cooler Master UCP
Cooler Master HAF 922 Chassis
Kongming's Prodigy
The Dragon Awakened

Unread postby Mestre Will » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:27 am

OW thanks , but it is bad if you can only be human.
Knowledge is achieved with time, but Intelligence is born with it or without it. - Mestre Will
Mestre Will
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Elitemsh » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:31 am

I personally have no problem being limited to playing as a human. I found that with RPGs it is a much better experience if your character is someone you can familarise yourself with. That is why i base my character mostly on my own appearance. I don't know if anyone else does this too. I could never stand playing DA 1 with an elf or dwarf but that maybe just me.
''I've never fought for anyone but myself. I've got no purpose in life. No ultimate goal. It's only when I'm cheating death on the battlefield. The only time I feel truly alive.'' ~Solid Snake
Elitemsh
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:18 am

Elitemsh wrote:I personally have no problem being limited to playing as a human. I found that with RPGs it is a much better experience if your character is someone you can familarise yourself with. That is why i base my character mostly on my own appearance. I don't know if anyone else does this too. I could never stand playing DA 1 with an elf or dwarf but that maybe just me.

I also have to be partially human when I RPG. I occasionally use half-elf as I can relate to the concept of being an outsider as I have felt that way on occasions.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Gamers’ Haven