Fifa vs. PES

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Fifa or Pes which one is better

FIFA
54%
PES
46%

Total votes : 13

Re: Fifa vs. PES

Unread postby Mitsunari » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:45 pm

As Finny knows, I've been a stalwart PES fan for a very long time, prior to the series even being 'PES'.

Recently, I did become disenfranchised with the series - the gameplay was stodgy and yielded little enjoyment, and that familiar flow was all but gone, so I went over to Fifa...*choke, splutter*...and in all honesty, I truly loathed Fifa 11 from the first instance it took me nearly a decade to reach the oppositions 18-yard box - the play is so laboured and slow! I mean, yes, I enjoyed the initial 'Street' aspect, but beyond that, uggggh, give me PES every time.

Fifa = bad, PES = less bad. :mrgreen:
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:19 pm

Fifa 11 slow to get to the box? I tended to zip forward on the counter though if the other team were well set up, it can take a bit to break the opposition down.

Enjoying Fifa 12. Some of the adds to manager mode are quite nice though press conference stuff seems a bit weak, still not work out how to cross either. I like the new defensive system, though I struggle with it on the flanks, takes time getting used to but is rather enjoyable. Creating chances seems harder but I enjoy trying to find a gap.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:35 pm

I'm debating on whether to order FIFA 12 for my flat mates X-Box when my loan comes in. Worth it you reckon?
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:41 pm

I think so but you may need to put the usual difficultly down a few levels as you adjust to the new defence system.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:00 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:Fifa 11 slow to get to the box? I tended to zip forward on the counter though if the other team were well set up, it can take a bit to break the opposition down.

I mean in terms of build-up play, it just seems awfully slooooow and laboured...saying that, it could very well be because I'm conditioned to PES's breakneck in-game speed.
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Ranbir » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:52 pm

Fifa is a simulation game. PES is an arcade game, that is the difference in speeds.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Mikhail » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:56 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:still not work out how to cross either.

Crosses are my forte. My attacks mostly rely on Bale and Lennon to run down the flanks and cross, which is really effective for me. Where are you lacking?

I was doing really well in FIFA 12 Head to Head Seasons mode (online multiplayer) with 3 straight promotions and now I'm floundering at Div 7. It's getting really annoying now. Barcelona, Real Madrid, repeat. If this is supposed to be a season mode, then why the hell do I keep playing the same teams over and over again?

9 straight wins online and now I can't even get one. Its sickening.
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:28 am

My Macclesfield wingers, tending to be Daniel and Hamshaw tend to find the defender at the near post or the cross drift harmlessly behind the striker... who name I forget. Italian freebie... Borgini or something like that. In fairness, maybe just the wrong type of striker to cross too, he seems to be the mobile finisher rather then a target man.

Day after I made the complained, my sub striker Fairhurst scored with a header so could be that. :wink:
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Mikhail » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:26 pm

You alternate with the height of your crosses, right? I find that the low, driven crosses are pretty effective in this game, provided you're smart enough to calculate the distance and speed of your target. The only thing that sucks with that is that sometimes its driven in with so much pace that its impossible to tell the target to shoot before it comes to him.
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Ranbir » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:42 pm

Stop playing high star teams and you won't face high star opponents.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven