Fifa vs. PES

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Fifa or Pes which one is better

FIFA
54%
PES
46%

Total votes : 13

Re: Fifa vs. PES

Unread postby Terranigma Freak » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:05 am

It's not a pointing game. It's more like a realtime strategy game. Point at the player to run in this direction, while you set the course for the other player to intercept. It's freaking crazy, and has a bit steeper learning curve, but damn it feels really good when you pull off amazing goal because you coordinated your team well. Yes, I emphasis the word coordinate because it really works like no other sports game. I'm surprise they never tried something like this on PC. Just look at the overall review scores for all 3 of the PES Wii games and compare them to the 360/PS3. While the HD console versions get scores around 6.0 - 7.0, the Wii versions range in 8.0 - 9.0.
Terranigma Freak
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Human5 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:33 am

I never heard of Pes, FIFA is supposed to be the official game of the FiFA World cup. I'm voting for FIFA.
Human5
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:39 am

Human5 wrote:I never heard of Pes, FIFA is supposed to be the official game of the FiFA World cup. I'm voting for FIFA.

Yes, that would be because EA are very very rich rather then the governing body of football choosing the best candidate

I hear Fifa 11 will have a career mode for keepers. Delighted if that is true, it is a feature I have long been hoping for
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Zappa » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:28 pm

I hear Fifa 11 will have a career mode for keepers. Delighted if that is true, it is a feature I have long been hoping for

Really? that would be awesome, I always wanted to play as a keeper in career mode, unfortunately my fav. keeper has already retiered :(
As the world changes,war comes and goes and with it might,wealth,right,freedom and land changes its owner,however the only thing that will always remain is the death,that comes with it.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mestre Will » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:16 pm

I play this 2 games since 2003(Pes)and 2000(Fifa).

Pes is the same change little, but Fifa every year come with new things, The 2 gain new modes in last years but for something i dont know Pes is much more easy to play than fifa but fifa is much better in the Modes (like the Carrers both player and coach, coach much much better) Pes also become Winning Eleven who i dont know why sell much more than the PES.The 2 are great soccer games but in some way Pes look like simple compared to Fifa.
Knowledge is achieved with time, but Intelligence is born with it or without it. - Mestre Will
Mestre Will
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zappa » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:00 pm

I actually feel that Fifa doesnt develop any more, its kinda.... stuck. I remember when I played Fifa 2004 and then when I bought Fifa 2005 the year after, there was such a hugh difference it was way better. But when I compare Fifa 2008 to Fifa 2010 (2 yrs. difference), the games are nearly the same.PES seems to make its progress slow but steady, in terms of gameplay it was always ahead and if it had full licenses like EA, it would be way better than Fifa.

Same can also be said about Madden and NBA. EA just throws in the same game year after year and the people continue buying them.The improvement are very minor.
As the world changes,war comes and goes and with it might,wealth,right,freedom and land changes its owner,however the only thing that will always remain is the death,that comes with it.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:23 pm

It goes in stages. One of the two companies realises it's game has stagnated and reinvents itself, in a game or two surpasses it's rival and holds onto that position for awhile but stagnates at the top, falling as the other rises and fails to revive for a few games. Once PES was the best, it had the ability to make each game intresting, make you think and adjust while Fifa... well I dribble my keeper up out of boredom.

Now Fifa is on top but while it gradually improved the gameplay, thought it stagnated last year in many ways particularly in manager mode
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Mikhail » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:15 pm

FIFA jumped incredibly a few iterations ago, which allowed it to be the premier football game on the market. It's still the best so a reinvention might take a few more years to occur. However, even with all the advances so far, FIFA still seems a bit... restrictive and calculated.

I like FIFA overall, but something about PES still resonates with me. Even though the gameplay seems to have never changed since I started playing the games many years ago and sometimes feeling a bit archaic, there's a certain level unpredictability in the game that I like.
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Mestre Will » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:02 am

Now i remember another great game : Fifa Street , there 3 in total.Very good game with much dribbling and special moves also you can make you player and make your fame in the streets, even play in a team and country team with other great players (like Kaka or Ronaldinho).
Knowledge is achieved with time, but Intelligence is born with it or without it. - Mestre Will
Mestre Will
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:15 pm

I only played the first two Fifa Street games. I quite enjoyed them but prefered the mainstream ones!
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven