Fifa vs. PES

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Fifa or Pes which one is better

FIFA
54%
PES
46%

Total votes : 13

Fifa vs. PES

Unread postby Zappa » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:45 pm

Ok its the same thing every year, both games are nearly released at the same time, but which one is better?
PES has better controls but Fifa more leagues and both games have a large fan base.It can be a very hard choice.

I would like to know the opinions of the forum members, which game is better Fifa or PES?

Post your thoughts.
As the world changes,war comes and goes and with it might,wealth,right,freedom and land changes its owner,however the only thing that will always remain is the death,that comes with it.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Fifa vs. PES

Unread postby Ranbir » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:08 am

It is FIFA now.

PES is now the same clunky, unnatural game engine that had once given it rise to stardom back in 2002 or something. Building play in FIFA feels so satisfying.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:31 am

FIFA TILL I DIE! O I'M FIFA TILL I DIE.

So yeah I'm an arch FIFA game, I had every game but 2002 between 1999-2008. I can't afford the latest one right now unfortunely. First PES game I played I beat Barcalona 6-1 on their equvilant of World Class with Arsenal. Decided that I'd stick to FIFA.

Just for our US friends who don't know what we're talking about FIFA and PES are the two best football (or soccer) games.
Last edited by Sun Fin on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:46 am

Sun Fin...

I went Fifa for a few years-Pes for a long time-Fifa for last two years. PES was awesome for so long, it was fun taking the weakest English side and building them up (with my created keeper in goal), the transfer system wasn't bad but the gameplay was awesome and each match was so very different. I remember games I won at a canter, a goal by Reyes for Arsenal from just inside the opposition half, Wigan's Camara firing into the stand from point black range... or the games where it was back to the wall time, repelling wave after wave of attacks. Commentary and music was always dire

Once the PS3 came along, PES seems to have declined and Fifa revived it's fortunes. Last year's Fifa game was pretty good but this year's one is far better. Was rather easy at Chester with Snijder on a free, Sahko and others last time :wink: Good to see they have brought back the PS2 style of commentary in manager mode where it mentions how your doing, but would like mentions when your striker gets his 10th of the season. world class transfer mode is ridiculously hard so gone legendary for play, professional for transfers which is a lot better then previous games for terms of realism. Playing as Macclesfield, bottom half of table right now, love how much better the defending is, they now seem more organised and it is great when your defender simply reacts to block something, keeps seem better too. Attacking is fun too though it would help if I could take a setpiece worth anything

Would like to be able to create 2 be a pro's so a friend and I could play up front together in co-cop manager mode. Or create a be a pro keeper! I tend to play a counter attacking game (tactics set to Man U's), scrap and fight for every ball then try to slip balls in behind retreating defenders. Can be a bit too eager to play it through rather then to feet and lack height at the back, not helped by my pro being rather short.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:08 am

I've grown to prefer manager games and I always felt that PES might have the advantage in gameplay but in terms of manager mode FIFA had the edge.

Now I've got my own laptop I'm kinda sticking to manager games though.
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mikhail » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:10 am

I've always been a FIFA man but I've had my run at PES games in the past. I played Winning Eleven 9 in the PSP a few years back and PES 2008 a couple of years ago. Fun stuff, but I definitely prefer the presentation in FIFA as well as the overall package.

However, this year might be the first year I buy them both (while still having the other). Satisfying FIFA is, there is just something I find missing, mainly 20-30 yard screamers and odd-angled shots by the CPU. Everything the computer does seems just so calculated and un-organic. And I feel that they are FAR too aggressive. Can't have two touches anywhere without having a defender rush you. I just want them to stand their ground sometimes instead of coming out and attacking.

I've played the demo for PES2010 and it was decent. Didn't have enough time with it but everything just seemed so familiar, which is both a plus and a minus for the game. Don't know if it addresses my problems that I had with FIFA, but for sure, in PES everything feels magnetic and stiff and definitely not fluid. However, after putting up so much time in FIFA 10, a change my be good.
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Lonely_dragon » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:13 am

Hmm... PES got my vote... I love the be a legend style game where you create a player and play them to be a great player...

I've never like FiFa gameplay... for some reasons...
"Know yourself Know your enemy you can win 100 battles, Know yourself and know not the enemy find win and defeat in equal measures, Know not yourself and know not the enemy defeated in every battle." Sun Tzu
Lonely_dragon
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby HowSwiftThySword » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:14 pm

I'm a PES guy. I've just never liked FIFA for some unknown reason.
Quote of the Day:

"Someday I'll strangle you with your own beard, Cao Cao!" - Dong Zhou
HowSwiftThySword
Scholar

Unread postby Terranigma Freak » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:03 pm

Those who prefer Fifa probably never played PES on the Wii. Those games are... how do you say... amazing? They completely redefine team sports games into a real thinking man's game. Instead of doing stupid things with the Wiimote, you use the pointer and control every character on your team to pull off amazing shots. Try any of the PES games on the Wii. They're all rated higher than the PS3/360 versions because they're so different and unique.
Terranigma Freak
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mikhail » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:51 pm

Wow, that sounds interesting... It works well? I just don't see football as a "pointing" game
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Next

Return to Gamers’ Haven