Game Ideas

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Game Ideas

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:25 pm

This seems to be such an obvious idea for a thread so I apoligise to the moderators if I'm repeating someone else but I couldn't find an equviliant and I searched quite far back!

Come up with an idea for a game and then let us discuss it!

Nintendo and Sega have paired up on a couple of occasions recently to do Sonic and Mario Olympics however wouldn't it be better if they did a Mario vs Sonic the ultimate Patformer? A game where you play as both characters and compete gainst each other. That or something simular to the Crash and Spyro fusion games.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Game Ideas

Unread postby talon1579 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:01 pm

Wouldn't Sonic be too fast for Mario?

My ideas over the years are mostly sequels (heck, there can't be many good ideas left)

-20th Century: Total War - 100 years with a modified total war engine, with separate in-depth WW2 campaigns covering the European/African and Pacific Theatres.

-Mongol: Total War - two campaign maps, one beginning from Genghis Khan unifying Mongolia to his death (Central/East Asia + Japan), including nations like the Mongols, Liao/Khitai, Xi Xia, Song China, Japan, Khwarezm, etc. The other would be west asia/east europe and include the Golden Horde, Il-Khanate, Byzantine Empire, Crusader Kingdoms, Hungary, Rus, German Empire, Egypt, etc.

-Three Kingdoms: Total War - self-explanatory

-Star Wars: Fleet Battle - think Battlefront meets X-Wing series. 100 a side (easily possible, the PS3 game MAG has 128 a side), controllable capital ships and fighters, boarding, etc. Should cover both Prequel and Original eras.

-Ratchet and Jak - Ratchet crash lands on Jak's planet, helps to avert crisis. In turn, Jak accompanies Ratchet to avert another crisis. Local and online co-op play.

-Mirrors Edge 2 - ok this is being made. Please give us freeroaming, DICE.

-Battlefield 3 - actually this is being made under the guise of Medal of Honour - but recapture what was good about BF2 (teamwork, vehicles and classes) and balance it this time

-Dynasty Warriors 7/8 - proper online battles, more involved combat system, real AI, customisable characters, and make it use the playstation motion controller (see bottom for video demo)

-Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Clone Wars - first person shotoer/lightsaber, using motion controller above. Multiplayer duels, massive battles vs AI

-COD Modern Warfare 3 - Russians retreat from America, massive battle in New York including Empire state building, Ramirez to get crushed by statue of liberty destroyed by Russians. Roach survives, he Soap and Price fugititves hunting Makharov and clearing their names. Co-op campaign!
talon1579
Changshi

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:56 pm

talon1579 wrote:Wouldn't Sonic be too fast for Mario?

A good platforms not just about speed, Mario could be stronger oir something?

I liked your ideas about the TW series, but to be fair to the developers they are churning out good games as it is!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby ky9ersfan » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:32 pm

3 Kingdoms Warriors for PS4, basically a strategy game like Nobunaga's Ambition:Sphere of Influence, but set in Late Han Era China. With all historical force placements, including foreign tribes. Also with the ability to opt in personally to play battles. Make it moderately challenging like Dynasty Warriors 8 AI, with in battle real time officer deaths, or captures(optional) when you defeat a officer. Also make the characters less cartoonish, and more serious like Dynasty Warriors 2-4. Also no stupid/unrealistic weapons.
ky9ersfan
Initiate

Unread postby LordSimaYi » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:57 pm

ky9ersfan wrote:3 Kingdoms Warriors for PS4, basically a strategy game like Nobunaga's Ambition:Sphere of Influence, but set in Late Han Era China. With all historical force placements, including foreign tribes. Also with the ability to opt in personally to play battles. Make it moderately challenging like Dynasty Warriors 8 AI, with in battle real time officer deaths, or captures(optional) when you defeat a officer. Also make the characters less cartoonish, and more serious like Dynasty Warriors 2-4. Also no stupid/unrealistic weapons.

I think you just described the Romance of the Three Kingdoms franchise there, I think you should check it out since I can guess you haven't seen it yet.
LordSimaYi
Student

Unread postby ky9ersfan » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:42 am

LordSimaYi wrote:I think you just described the Romance of the Three Kingdoms franchise there, I think you should check it out since I can guess you haven't seen it yet.

Yeah I did, I have been waiting for a new ROTK type game on consoles. I have tried #2 on NES, and #4-11 on playstation, and I love them all.

What I was talking about was sort of like a combination of your typical Romance of The Three Kingdoms type strategy game, with the optional ability to opt in battles, and play a Dynasty Warriors type of battle engine.

Basically a more in depth version of Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires. A game having the depth of a typical Three Kingdoms strategy type game, and combining that with the optional ability to play battles in a Dynasty Warriors 8 style combat engine.

Basically a combination of Romance of The Three Kingdoms 11, and Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires. And with the ability to gain experience, and level up character stats when you use them to do certain tasks.
ky9ersfan
Initiate

Unread postby ky9ersfan » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:44 pm

I also think they should make a modern RPG based off the Record of Lodoss War, and Record of Lodoss War Chronicles of the Heroic Knight anime. Make it similar to the Dragon Age: Inquisition engine, but set in the Record of Lodoss War realm. That would be awesome.
ky9ersfan
Initiate

Return to Gamers’ Haven