What are you playing right now?

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: What are you playing right now?

Unread postby Ayame » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:53 am

Got it because I was a Harvest Moon fan. I married Elliott, he had nice heart events.
Ayame
Academic

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:26 am

Ayame wrote:Got it because I was a Harvest Moon fan. I married Elliott, he had nice heart events.

It really is like a combination of all the good things about Harvest Moon, in that one game that they just never made. Hope you like it.
Currently playing: Android: Netrunner LCG , Shadowrun (tabletop), and Warhammer Ancient Battle.

Pan Feng can destroy this Hua Xiong! A Han Fu ROTK IX After-Action Report.
One of the best posts ever about Pan Feng.
Bush Leagues
Scholar

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:27 pm

Dark Souls wasn't my thing but even I could appreciate it was an excellently made game and it certainly had atmosphere
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:13 pm

Stopped with BlackGuards, it was fine but hadn't excited me like the demo and realized I was kind of putting off playing it so dropped it.

Started Uncharted 4, never loved the series after the first one but it remains enjoyable, I like the mixture of the old adventures and their trying something new, enjoyed the set up so far.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby dymlos timbre » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:18 pm

Playing RTK 13, was a free officer now I'm serving as Cao Cao's Viceroy and im in command of Xuchang, Louyang, Changan , Hebei, Wan, and I'm pushing into Jing while ruining the Ma families lives as Yuan Shao calls a co. Pretty enjoyable experience so far, I can see why people are upset over its initial release price.
dymlos timbre
Scholar

Unread postby Xian Xu » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:24 pm

Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII 8-)

Current playthrough is playing as Zhou Yu from the Warlords scenario.

Zhou Yu started and maintained an alliance with Cao Cao that begun with dealing with Yuan Shu. Cao Cao turned his attention to Yuan Shao a little early, so I took Yuan Shu's land for myself.

Sun Ce died. With the cover of Cao Cao and Liu Bei alliances, I executed the Zhou Yu's plan of conquering Jing and Yi several years early.

Before my army even left the field, Ma Teng, Zhang Lu and Shi Xie responded by forming a coalition against me. I had planned on negotiating surrenders with Zhang Lu and Shi Xie. Since my army was already in the field, I was able to meet their invasion quickly then turn the tide and conquer all three.

Zhou Yu married Sun Shang Xiang and Xiao Qiao. However, while finishing off Liu Bei who was still stationed in Xin Ye, Zhang Fei killed Sun Shang Xiang in a duel. Sooo... Zhang Fei is now the archenemy of the entire Sun family and Zhou Yu.

Zhou Yu then became sworn siblings with Lu Su, Lu Meng, Sun Quan and Zhuge Liang. Now I'm at the place that many of my playthroughs seem to end with; an epic standoff between my force and Cao Cao.

Sun Fin wrote:Pokemon GO. It has only just come out here in the UK but I can't believe I'm the only member on our board to be playing it?

Yea, I'm playing too. :pika:

There is a garden near my home which is loaded with Pokéstops. The garden even advertises it on Twitter. Ended up getting a year pass there. :lol: Even without Pokémon Go, I visit the garden enough that I should've bought the pass a long time ago anyway.
Xiǎn Xù (冼旭)
Xian Xu
Scholar

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:59 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:Started Uncharted 4, never loved the series after the first one but it remains enjoyable, I like the mixture of the old adventures and their trying something new, enjoyed the set up so far.

Finished it, a fine end to the series. Got the characters and the humour right, decent villains, nice treasures, fun adventure with the 4th excellent at knowing when to change to something else. I have never loved Uncharted, tracking down all the treasures and fighting tends to marry enjoyment but I was glad I played the 4 games, I always enjoyed the characters and the puzzles.

Trying Telltale's Game of Thrones game, I wish the "go up/sideways" signal wasn't white and it isn't graphically great but enjoying the story so far. Will see if I get bored like the Borderlands one
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:36 pm

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. Played it years ago and after watching a let's play of it was inspired to give it another go. Love the console Fire Emblem games I wish they sold better to justify more. I enjoy the handheld versions but i enjoy the two console versions more.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:04 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:
Trying Telltale's Game of Thrones game, I wish the "go up/sideways" signal wasn't white and it isn't graphically great but enjoying the story so far. Will see if I get bored like the Borderlands one

Didn't get bored, felt it captured the atmosphere well enough (despite no nudity) with only a few moments it felt like it was trying too hard. Generally managed to get the balance between "want the stars" and not overdoing it right
bar
Jon Snow bit active in one character's life
and they deliver good performances as do the cast for the new characters who make their own impressions over the six chapters. Is it as good as the show and the parts of the first novel I have read? No but those are high bars, it does have one or two "they did that to try to match GOT twists and it doesn't work" but by itself, it is a decent story with some good twists, a couple of good emotional moments, good characters.

The Telltale idea of your choices will change the story is only true in a very limited extent, very few are really going to change things and even the "will change mood of character" seems limited. I rarely felt the "that is not what I meant" to rewind (you can go to the start of a episode which may have three scenes to go through if need be), action was generous in terms of mistakes and fun though was occasion where I wondered if pressing or failing to press the button actually mattered , the time limit for making choices is enough to give you time to consider but limited that there is tension, you have to think. A white cursoer on white snow scenes was a mistake.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:16 am

Sun Fin wrote:Pokemon GO. It has only just come out here in the UK but I can't believe I'm the only member on our board to be playing it?

Playing it now. Run out pokeballs already which is going to be annoying I suspect, I do like the collection system and the pokemon look cute, the ability to evolve, the way it uses the local area is impressive. Had always been intrested in Pokemon but never had the handheld consoles and didn't want to get them just for pokemon
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven