What are you playing right now?

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: What are you playing right now?

Unread postby PeanutButterToast » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:02 am

Trying to get into MMO's with SWTOR free to play. I'm going through my first playthrough as a scoundrel/ruffian. I still am not sure ofthe mechanics of MMO's and rolse and stuff but it is a fun game.
PeanutButterToast
Apprentice

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:48 am

My wife and I have just bought the remastered Crash Bandicoot games, we're excited to relive our childhood memories!
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kong Wen » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:48 pm

I'm plugging away at Fire Emblem Heroes on mobile (great for in bed or on commutes... if I'm not driving).

On console, I'm juggling. I have Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age on the go, but I thoroughly completed that when it originally came out, so I'm just playing casually as a nostalgia trip. I also just picked up Undertale when it came out on PS4. I haven't played it before, and I'm enjoying it.

I'm going to have to make time when Destiny 2 comes out, though. That's going to be my bread and butter for a long time to come, I imagine.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:51 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:Trying Dynasty Warrior Godseekers which seems to be trying to trying to DT with a bit of DW style, Japanese dialogue but English subtitles. Premise: Zhao Yun and scholarly childhood friend Lei Bin hear of Turbans seeking something buried and seek to stop them. What they find will lead them across the land...

The tutorial section aka the opening doesn't go well, story isn't the best I have ever seen but is alright so far, I think it is more the fights feel so simple and easy at that point that it gets boring. Once one gets to training camp and chance for little non-story battles in Chang An (for levelling up and rewards), I did enjoy the fighting (though still easy to win at moment) more then merging or selling the weapons I got. I only have two units so far and so hopefully will get even better once I get other units and learn how to recruit them. Is stuff tutorial could do better at like how to use skill board effectively and to win the final syncro training required doing stuff I don't believe it had taught me I could do.

As an example of the different tone where DT units would have skills like raid, flank, aid, fire attacks, pit where the unit troops were heavily involved, your attacks on this seem very much "Zhao Yun unleashes such and such" and plows through the troop DW style.

Finished the story. It remains easy even fighting on hard mode throughout, the skirmishes are "you know what type of battle, you see every unit so go do what you need to do" which is pretty much build up synrhco then use it to slaughter your way through. The camapign battles do throw things up like a sudden ambush or trick but I was never defeated by it, tended to be able to do the "defeat so and so/kill this many units" tasks each time though sometimes struggled with getting the "get charge up to" ones.

Despite it's easiness, I did tend to enjoy the battles once I had multiple units particularly the camapign ones where I could be suddenly sending my five units back to HQ. Thanks to synchrony, easy to level up even level 1 figures by including them in such an attack and figures do feel more powerful as they get more and more attacks, status effects come into play, the slower units begin to improve mobility. Skill tree is based on type rather then individualized but provides enough variety, just wish there had been more ranged units

Is story great? No, it is nice enough but while there was one good ending note, I didn't particularly warm to the OC's or care overall about the story. I did like the path of destiny which gives you little characters moments, some like Huang Zhong are surprisingly good (instead of "oh I'm old, so old", it was more a wise mentor), others like Han Dang keep old issues and females are a bit too obsessed with the men folk. Love the wallpaper rewards, some beautiful artwork there

All in all, a nice popcorn game that I was drawn to despite it not being a great game
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:38 pm

I recently picked up Shadows of War for the PC. I am enjoying it so far, though chapter 2 is getting a bit repetitive. I am going from region to region killing/subverting captains, taking out Warlords, putting my people in their place then invading the castles. I have three out of the five regions and from what I remember reading after I conquer all of them I have to do a ton of really hard defensive battles before I can get the true ending.
I am excited to see how long it will take before I get bored of a game which should be amazing. It is weird to have a game which I find to be a lot of fun but at the same time kinda boring. :lol:
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mikhail » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:09 am

I'm playing a couple of things at the moment. Too many, if I'm supposed to give my attention fairly, but enough to keep me busy.

For PC, it's dominated by Total War Warhammer 2 and Football Manager 2018. I've also dabbled in PUBG, DOS2, and Holdfast Nations At War recently. For PS4, the list is a little more condensed. Star Wars Battlefront 2, Fortnite (Battle Royale), and Grand Theft Auto 5 (Online).
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Previous

Return to Gamers’ Haven