Favorite Video Game Character

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Favorite Video Game Character

Unread postby ChaosIncarnate » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:22 am

Kefka was an awesome bad guy in FF6... especially at the end. :devil: ...my favorite playable characters from that game would have to be a tie between Edgar and Shadow. Edgar for the drill and chainsaw, Shadow for throwing stuff...usually at Kefka. :mrgreen:

Kain from FF4 was pretty cool, and I liked Cecil better as a dark knight. I got a weakness for anti-heroes.

Magus from Chrono Trigger was an awesome character. I always, and I mean always let him into my party. Frog's cooler as a frog anyway.

Favorite characters in DW4... that's a tough one. *pauses for a moment* ...I'm leaning towards Huang Zhong... coz he's a crazy old man with a butcher's cleaver. :mrgreen:

The Knight and The Bishop from Lords of The Realm II, cause they're so easy to beat, and they're so damn funny.

Siegfried/Nightmare in Soul Caliber 2. Used to play that game all the time in high school... my friends wouldn't let me play either of them after a while, cause I kept beating them with cheap moves. :mrgreen:
"To move swiftly, strike vigorously, and secure all the fruits of victory, is the secret of successful war."

—Stonewall Jackson, 1863
ChaosIncarnate
Initiate

Unread postby Zappa » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:51 pm

Overall?

Super Mario was the first game I played its still timeless.
So its Super Mario
As the world changes,war comes and goes and with it might,wealth,right,freedom and land changes its owner,however the only thing that will always remain is the death,that comes with it.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:20 pm

Snake, from Metal Gear.

He was my video game hero from the start, and as his personality was defined he moved on to near-legendary status as my friends and I started to attribute new elements to his personality.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Kong Wen » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:41 am

I really like Ike from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. It was nice to see him evolve from a young, clumsy rookie to a badass general over the course of two relatively long games. I tend to like protagonists who are rockin' awesome (rather than fate-anointed youths who save the world against all odds), and some of Ike's snappy comments and comebacks to his enemies in these games just make you want to flex. :)

I have more favourites, but I'll have to think about them.
"If I had to do my life over, I would change every single thing I have done."
— Raymond Douglas Davies, 1967
Kong Wen
Golden God
Golden God

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:40 pm

I'm going to show my maturity level and say Sonic...
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby mrbeate » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:12 pm

Deadpool
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby talon1579 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:04 pm

Jak from Jak and Daxter. Moody teeange Jak in the sequels was predictable.
talon1579
Changshi

Unread postby Qu Hui » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:54 pm

Lara Croft, Tomb Raider series
Zoey and Francis, Left 4 Dead
Coach and Rochelle, Left 4 Dead 2
Lu Bu's roster in Legend of Lu Bu
My avatar is Roy from Fire Emblem: Binding Blade, as he appears in Fire Emblem: Awakening
Quote of the "Day": "The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." -Neil Gaiman
Qu Hui
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zappa » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:11 am

Banjo and Kazooie from Banjo and Kazooie, they are just awesome!
As the world changes,war comes and goes and with it might,wealth,right,freedom and land changes its owner,however the only thing that will always remain is the death,that comes with it.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhanghe_of_Wei » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:42 am

Iori Yagami, and Leona Heidern
"Knowledge is not as important as imagination. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" - Albert Einstein
"In the end, it's not the years in your life that counts. It's the life in your years." -Abraham Lincoln
Zhanghe_of_Wei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven