General Pokémon Thread

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: General Pokémon Thread

Unread postby SunXia » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:47 pm

Master Ball??
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:57 pm

Can't use it in the Safari Zone unfortunely. :cry:

I've found a glitch now though. You might remember the MiSingo cheat? Well you'll probably also remember that when you were doing that there were some very strong pokemon that got in the way. Well I discovered that those strong pokemon are based on the last area you were in before you started doing it. Therefore if I go to the safari zone area where you can get the 'zhan' then you go to Cinnabar Island, surf up and down and eventually a 'khan' will appear (after you've had to go through countless others-you have a 1% chance of finding one!) and then you can catch it normally. Thats the plan anyway but I've been surfing about an hour now and I still haven't found one yet! :(

EDIT: CAUGHT IT! Finally that glitch paid off.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:24 pm

Well I've just beaten Pokemon Red's Elite Four. I was a little suprised in all honesty, my team wasn't overally strong and I was planning on using the early members of four as training for my team! Just ordered Pokemon Blue so will do the same to that one when it arrives. :lol:.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby dymlos timbre » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:11 am

trick for khanga is the bait, he has a high fleeing rate so dont throw stuff at it >_<. The days of Red and Blue may be over but our generation that grew up with it know what is IMO the REAL pokemon i cant think of many games were i was so involved so obsessed and so In love than with pokemon, that feeling i got when i played my Blue version and chose that Charmander is a pretty big thing in my childhood.
dymlos timbre
Scholar

Unread postby Hyper90 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:56 pm

speaking of this thread,

reminds me of earlier days playing sapphire and fire red.

it took me quite awhile to finish the game without cheats
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:46 pm

Hyper90 wrote:reminds me of earlier days playing sapphire and fire red.

Makes me feel old, I remember playing Red and going into town to buy Yellow the day after it was released...
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:16 am

Sapphire and Fire Red...earlier days?? Wow, they're like Jurassic Park films to our silent films of Red or Blue screens!!

My favourite remains to be Gold!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:21 am

Nah I'm actually a fan of the later games/remakes of the original. FireRed in my personal favourite and Emerald rolls in as a safe 2nd!
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jordan » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:32 am

I personally think the pokemon creatures themselves have gotten dumber and dumber looking each gen, but the games have otherwise been improved tremendously.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:45 am

Oh the games have definitely improved immensely over the years!! But the only reason I like Gold is because Johto I found bearable but the Pokémon released after...hell they are just plain awful!!

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven