General Pokémon Thread

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: General Pokémon Thread

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Tue May 03, 2011 11:38 pm

well my personal favorites are the first generation Pokemon, the classics. But many of the legendaries and select few from each generation besides the first have been pretty outstanding. I wonder what they will call the cross over game between Black and white? Brown maybe :wink: ?
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Tue May 03, 2011 11:48 pm

Why not Grey?? Odd though, Black and White are tones, not colours!! But then, Crystal is a precious stone, not a precious metal like Gold and Silver but then, I guess they can be called precious minerals!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Tue May 03, 2011 11:53 pm

True it could be Grey but for some reason that sounds so blah, just rather uninteresting. I know Brown doesn't sound very good either so I hope they can thing of a name better than those two that isn't totally random.
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LordCBrasil » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:19 pm

I also like the classic pokémons, like Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle. I don't even know the ney pokémons :?
-Sleeping Dragon: always prepared, cautious and clever, hard working... a brilliant strategist.-
LordCBrasil
Academic

Unread postby Mestre Will » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:39 pm

Agree. The re-make of them in Fire Red and Leaf Green is awesome by join the old good with new grapics.
Knowledge is achieved with time, but Intelligence is born with it or without it. - Mestre Will
Mestre Will
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:20 pm

I'm starting to get into the newer pokémon although some are very ridiculous!! I have all Eveelutions now in HeartGold, that's me happy!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Tuo Xie » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:59 pm

When the pokemon craze came back via HG and SS I decided to play the game using only UU (underused) pokemon.
Needless to say it was extremely brutal considering Fearow faints if you sneeze too hard and the geriatric community down the block could probably outspeed Hypno. Oh and for kicks I also picked Chikorita as my starter, which is arguably the worst starter pokemon ever.

Speaking of stupid challenges, has anyone tried the nuzlocke challenge?
Kekeke, the funnies are upon me :P
Tuo Xie
Apprentice

Unread postby Asellas » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:59 am

If anyone wants a Phione, or an IV-bred pokemon, or a pokemon with moves it wouldn't normally learn - let me know. I've generally lost interest in Pokemon now, though. I had the first generation of games (Red, Blue, Yellow) with a full pokedex. I had a rare Gold/Silver in one cartridge that was a prototype (in the middle of translation) but that got nicked from my apartment in Germany years ago (as well as Sapphire).

I have Pearl, Diamond, Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver. I've got lots of legit, rare-event pokemon. But, I'm glad I grew up when Pokemon was just coming in. (The hype at primary school was amazing - and I had respect for that brief period).
"Winter is coming".
"I like hurting people...it's what I do best because I am heartless".
"Love is for poets, romance is for playwrights, and sex is for procreation - I desire none of them"
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby Jordan » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:41 pm

Wow! It's Asellas! I haven't seen you around here in ages.

I think you're as into Pokemon as I am. I sometimes bred for IVs (usually while reading or doing something else) and egg moves as well. Though all my Pokemon are in Gen V at the moment. :(

Like you though I gradually lost interest.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Gamers’ Haven