Upcoming Games (General Thread)

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Upcoming Games (General Thread)

Unread postby Mikhail » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:34 pm

GTAV is not in my map at all. I felt that GTAIV was such a grind. Granted, I got further in IV than I did San Andreas, main story completion wise, but a lot of it just feels like padding. Vice City was one of my favourite games last generation just because you just seemed so powerful and the city wasn't incredibly large.

IV and SA had a large area to roam in (SA more so) and it just really turned me off on the experience. I'm not really the explorer kind, but more of the story follower, so having to navigate increasingly large locales is just a waste of time to me. Hopefully, it changes here.
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:25 am

Thats the thing about the 3 characters in V. You dont want to spend a bunch of time trekking around, switch characters and you are right in the action. Dont feel like driving to the mission point... switch guys and you are ready to go. Certain mission points you can change as well so if you prefer flying planes you can use the pilot, or man the gun on the helicopter, or provide sniper rifle cover. At least thats one example i read of.
Oh my my, oh hell yes, your gettin buried in your party dress.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:48 pm

Separation Anxiety wrote:Yeah Game Informer had a massive story about GTA V this month and i read it a couple times. They have really done a lot to keep the game in the same gritty real world of GTAIV but bring back a lot of the things that made San Andreas so fun. I wholeheartedly trust Rockstar. They are not the kind of company to make a game then not listen to the fans criticism. Its sad that there arent more companies like them.

I trust Rockstar to make a very good game, I may not have liked Red Dead but I appreciate why a lot of people did, just find that I'm not having the same buzz as I used to. Partly I suspect because what I liked are the sort of things people disliked :wink:
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:18 pm

I totally get that. But it does seem they are moving back towards the old more humorous tones that they used to have. From what i am seeing they are still making a serious game with a serious story, but it will have more humorous undertones. I am kind of sad that the property is getting removed, as that is one of my favorite aspects of the game, but they are supposedly doing something to replace that. I loved the safehouses. It gave me a sense of progress. It felt like i was moving up in the world so to speak.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:11 pm

Glad to hear about the humour, hoping that also means I misunderstood about the music. Still unhappy about losing the romances, curse you disagreeing public :wink:

Separation Anxiety wrote: I am kind of sad that the property is getting removed, as that is one of my favorite aspects of the game, but they are supposedly doing something to replace that. I loved the safehouses. It gave me a sense of progress. It felt like i was moving up in the world so to speak.

Agreed. Personally would have liked to customise/do them up as well but it is something I love in GTA/Saints Row games, getting a building. Hopefully the economy system they have hinted at will give the same feeling of fulfilment.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:02 am

Planescape Torment fans... sit down, i have news. It seems to be that they are working on the spiritual successor to this classic RPG. Now this is all still early stuff, but it seems it will be a new IP since trademark issues are out in force.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/76880/planescape-torment-spiritual-successor-in-the-works
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tigger of Kai » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:54 am

Very interesting! "Discussions with Wizards of the Coast for the 'PlaneScape' name did not yield any progress" -- I wonder if that could tell us something about what the setting will be.
Mithril! The dwarves tell no tales. But just as it was the foundation of their wealth, so also it was their destruction. They delved too greedily and too deep, and disturbed that from which they fled.
Tigger of Kai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:27 am

I just dont understand why they cant get the IP rights. The original isnt making anyone money anymore and there is absolutely no sequel or anything in the works, at least to the publics knowledge. Seems like someone would want to make some money off it. Its not like wizards of the coast have been careful on who develops what games. With the popularity of the Baldurs Gate rerelease you would think they would jump on a new Planescape game. The first one is widely regarded as a top RPG of all time. If they could repeat that performance on the consoles you could see a contender to games like Dragon Age.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:19 am

Trying to think of what games I'm looking forward to this year. GTA, Bioshock Infinite certainly, MGS Rising, The Last of Us. Curious about Tomb Raider and Rome Total War 2
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:40 am

Oh my god. Witcher 3 has been officially announced and im officially reverting to when i was a kid waiting for christmas. I read a feature list and im beyond excited. Larger world than skyrim, coming out for next gen consoles, seamless world. I'm giddy. Someone hold me until i stop shaking.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven