Upcoming Games (General Thread)

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Upcoming Games (General Thread)

Unread postby Bryan » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:10 pm

Guild Wars 2. Ever since watching TotalBiscuit's videos on Youtube from the Eurogamer Expo 2011, I've been going crazy over it. I've been watching Kingdoms of Amalur for a while as well. I really enjoyed R.A. Salvatore's last big experiment with gaming in the form of Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone and I have very high hopes here. Also, The Darkness 2 looks extremely fun.
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
Discover Tolkien!
Bryan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Hyper90 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:39 pm

Marc wrote:
Tigger of Kai wrote:just hope they don't invite back by far the worst voice actor from Asylum, the one who did the Warden Sharp character.

Hate to tell you, but it's pretty likely - Warden Sharp is now Mayor Sharp in Arkham City.

what ? sharpey (joker tone) ?

after what happened in arkham and yet he still got his Mayor election ? :shock:
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tigger of Kai » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:07 pm

Bryan wrote:Guild Wars 2. Ever since watching TotalBiscuit's videos on Youtube from the Eurogamer Expo 2011, I've been going crazy over it.
Love that guy! His co-op videos with Jesse Cox have me on the floor laughing. :D
Mithril! The dwarves tell no tales. But just as it was the foundation of their wealth, so also it was their destruction. They delved too greedily and too deep, and disturbed that from which they fled.
Tigger of Kai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ranbir » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:05 pm

I hate his voice but he gives a chance to see things in action.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:34 pm

Cant wait for Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning. Any Elder Scrolls fans might wanna take a peak at this game when the demo drops on January 17th.
Oh my my, oh hell yes, your gettin buried in your party dress.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:54 pm

Find that I'm not looking forward to GTA5 as I did it's predecessors, despite rarely finishing them. I didn't have a problem with the romance side missions or didn't agree with most of the recent criticisms but agreed that the recent GTA tone has been wrong. I missed the old humour and flamboyance which included the radio channels. By the sounds of it, it is removing romance and other GTA side stuff, including property, which I had enjoyed for a more Red Dead Redemption type game, a game I didn't enjoy.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Kong Wen » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:40 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:Find that I'm not looking forward to GTA5 as I did it's predecessors, despite rarely finishing them. I didn't have a problem with the romance side missions or didn't agree with most of the recent criticisms but agreed that the recent GTA tone has been wrong. I missed the old humour and flamboyance which included the radio channels. By the sounds of it, it is removing romance and other GTA side stuff, including property, which I had enjoyed for a more Red Dead Redemption type game, a game I didn't enjoy.

I haven't really had high anticipation for GTA games since the III-series (III, Vice City, San Andreas). IV really didn't draw me in at all. V looks similar. Maybe it's not GTAV's fault, maybe it's just that I've changed as a gamer, because I can't think of any particular gameplay-related reasons why it doesn't look appealing, I'm just not feeling it.
"If I had to do my life over, I would change every single thing I have done."
— Raymond Douglas Davies, 1967
Kong Wen
Golden God
Golden God

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:34 pm

I'm excited as can be for GTAV. IV was a little off putting for older fans because such a drastic shift was made. They went for that dark gritty feeling. They went from caricatures characters to real people. The thing that really ruined it for me personally is the driving. They made it feel like you were driving a 1970s cadillac boat every time you got in any car. Luckily they are fixing that to be more along the lines of the older series. I'm kinda interested in seeing how the 3 playable characters that you can switch to any time thing works.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby dan99990 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:33 pm

GTA 4 didn't live up to San Andreas for me, but I did read that Rockstar kept some of the criticisms in mind while they were making 5. We'll see.
“People generally see what they look for, and hear what they listen for.” - Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
dan99990
Student

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:22 pm

Yeah Game Informer had a massive story about GTA V this month and i read it a couple times. They have really done a lot to keep the game in the same gritty real world of GTAIV but bring back a lot of the things that made San Andreas so fun. I wholeheartedly trust Rockstar. They are not the kind of company to make a game then not listen to the fans criticism. Its sad that there arent more companies like them.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven