Street Fighter 4

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Street Fighter 4.

Unread postby Master Still Water » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:04 pm

Marc wrote:
Master Still Water wrote:Try charging and releasing one as your opponent is trying to get up (a little trick that works wonders online :devil: )

Risky move, as if you're playing against anyone with an armour break move, they can do it on wakeup and give you a world of hurt. I'd suggest charging one and then backdashing out of it instead, in order to bait your opponent into doing whatever so that you can then punish it.

Agreed. It's a tactic I found to work mostly vs. the CPU (even on the 'hardest' difficulty strangely enough), from my experience anyway. As for online, I only use it if I feel my opponent is foolish enough to fall for it and, more often than not, they do.
In nine years' time things start to waste;
In thirteen years there isn't a trace.
Heaven sends things where they're due;
The mudbound dragon mounts the blue.

-From Master Stillwater to Liu Xuande
Master Still Water
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Marc » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:37 pm

So, tonight I jumped on GGPO for a few matches in Third Strike, and the room was absolutely buzzing. Turned out top Japanese player Kuroda was playing, so I quickly spectated the match and was blown away by this guy's skill. I'd seen him play before, obviously, but watching it as it happened was that much better.

Kuroda playing as Akuma

Look up in the top right. 129 spectators, for that one match. Usually the Third Strike room has about 80 people in it. These spectators are on top of that.
I wish I knew who the other guy was. Watching these two play was really humbling as well as entertaining as hell.
Roses are red, violets are blue,
Omae wa mo shindeiru
Marc
Robot In Disguise
Robot In Disguise

Unread postby Devilrai » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:09 am

Old news....

What are you guys looking forward to in Super Street Fighter IV?

I really hope they add Guy and Charlie (the better Gulie) and I'm interested how Juri will play out.

Who do you guys want to see? And what Online elements would you like to see here?
Devilrai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Marc » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:26 am

Rumours so far are that the returning characters are Dudley, Ibuki, Makoto, Cody, Adon, and Guy, as well as T.Hawk and DeeJay. I could care less about Juri; I just hope they improve the online so that more than two people can be in the one room.
Omae wa mo shindeiru
Marc
Robot In Disguise
Robot In Disguise

Unread postby Devilrai » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:32 am

Marc wrote:Rumours so far are that the returning characters are Dudley, Ibuki, Makoto, Cody, Adon, and Guy, as well as T.Hawk and DeeJay. I could care less about Juri; I just hope they improve the online so that more than two people can be in the one room.

Most definitely, like in Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix's spectator mode. And speaking of more than two people, how about a tag mode, pretty self explanatory.
Devilrai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:46 am

I want Dan to get either Otoko Michi, or a "Dan Install" in the same vein as Bang Shishigami's Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan move from BlazBlue. Either or will make me happy. Both will mean that Saikyo glory shall dominate the universe. ;)
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby jameshope » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:12 am

Just the first game though. I remember the first time I lost for fighting dishonorably and thinking that it was one of the most wonderfully complex game-play mechanics I had ever seen.

That series lost its way somewhere, it would be interesting for someone to look at that again. I think playing it on Wii motion plus could be interesting.
jameshope
Tyro

Unread postby WuLordoftheNewAge » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:14 pm

Xiahou Mao wrote:I want Dan to get either Otoko Michi, or a "Dan Install" in the same vein as Bang Shishigami's Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan move from BlazBlue. Either or will make me happy. Both will mean that Saikyo glory shall dominate the universe. ;)

I'm amazing w/ Dan now, with that... I'd be invincible. :D

And the first one wasn't that great. It was slow, had like 3 people to use, and was all around boring. Sorry to say it.
Pang Tong: So I wonder what this place is called?
Sign by road: "Place where Pang Tong gets killed"
Pang Tong: Hmmm... I have a bad feeling about this place...

On Fallen Phoenix Slope.
WuLordoftheNewAge
Langzhong

Unread postby Marc » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:27 pm

jameshope wrote:That series lost its way somewhere

I disagree. I don't like SFIV as much as 3rd Strike, but it definitely hasn't "lost its way".

WuLordoftheNewAge wrote:I'm amazing w/ Dan now, with that... I'd be invincible. :D

Amazing, and so modest, too! :P
Omae wa mo shindeiru
Marc
Robot In Disguise
Robot In Disguise

Unread postby Devilrai » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:39 am

WuLordoftheNewAge wrote:
Xiahou Mao wrote:I want Dan to get either Otoko Michi, or a "Dan Install" in the same vein as Bang Shishigami's Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan move from BlazBlue. Either or will make me happy. Both will mean that Saikyo glory shall dominate the universe. ;)

I'm amazing w/ Dan now, with that... I'd be invincible. :D

And the first one wasn't that great. It was slow, had like 3 people to use, and was all around boring. Sorry to say it.

I know that Dan is suppose to the joke character of the series, but if one trains enough with him to become "invincible" you can really cause some psychological damage. I use him some times and quite surprisingly I win, either my opponent sucks or I just got lucky. :D

And I guess I was right about the tag (or team) mode I mentioned earlier, 4 on 4 is going to be awesome.
Devilrai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven